Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, on a great ride through Connecticut today, I suddenly lost the horn, directionals, and radio on my '07 fltr.(57,000 miles) the bike ran fine, had head and tail lights, volt gauge read 14. stopped for a great burger at Plan B, went out, fired it up, everything worked fine all the way home. only thing I can think is I was charging my phone through the cigar lighter but I've always done that. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I'd start by checking the fuses with a test light. Always start with the basics then go from there. Where in CT were you?

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
I had similar symptoms on the way home from SW IV. The necessaries (head lights and tail lights) stayed on, but the luxuries (radio, turn signals, cruise) were gone. My fuse was blown and the replacement blew immediately too, so I knew I had a short (which turned out to be a blown amp). Could be a temporary short/maybe thermal growth issue. I know that's not a whole lot of help, but a good circuits guy should be able to diagnose it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Funny how you don't see "how to" do a shunt on HD's, must be from the times we had a master link tugged off our boots:rolleyes: and an disposabe blade..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lost horn raio directionals

Maybe I should have been more specific. When I started the bike back up, everything worked normally. The horn, radio, and directional. Rode to work the next day, no issues. That great burger at Plan B Burger Bar in Glastonbury. From r.i., went 82 to 85 to 94. tok 66 to 32 to 14 home. Nice ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts