Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Took my bike to te wash and when I got home, notice that the trip / odometer selection button was gone. Looked in washing station with no luck. Any suggestions where I can get a replacement - other then the dealer ?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Maybe when one of your riding buddies with the same bike isn't looking . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: MORider and Oclaf

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
whats wrong with the dealer?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
572 Posts
So THAT is what that button is... Errrr, I mean. Bummer. Just get one from the dealer. Can't have mine now that I know what it does.

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
126 Posts
The fact that the dealerships actually stock shit is one of the benefits to Harley Davidson. Should be an easy thing to run in and grab.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As of this writing, New Castle has 3 in stock.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
So THAT is what that button is... Errrr, I mean. Bummer. Just get one from the dealer. Can't have mine now that I know what it does.
i actually find it hard to believe that it just fell off. i've had to remove mine before, and i swear i thought i was gonna destroy it taking it off.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine came off after my bars were replaced by dealership. Probably very difficult to remove if installed or re installed properly. I left the dealership and on the highway went to run thru the trip meter and as soon as I touched it bye bye it went. Either they had them in stock or borrowed one from another bike. Never happened again.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i actually find it hard to believe that it just fell off. i've had to remove mine before, and i swear i thought i was gonna destroy it taking it off.
I’m with @skratch. I’ve done a couple sets of bars and the switch cover is the thing that gave the most trouble every time. If it fell off it wasn’t put back on right or it was broke taking it off.

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
442 Posts
View attachment 428025

Took my bike to te wash and when I got home, notice that the trip / odometer selection button was gone. Looked in washing station with no luck. Any suggestions where I can get a replacement - other then the dealer ?
I know how you feel took out my 2020 RGS for a burn,get home wiping it down the cover plate directly under the fork lock is gone! Go to the dealer the service writer says no warranty some one took it. It is a three part deal and 78.00! A tech hears an escalating debate developing and says “let’s go see.The three of us walk out The writer says If the bars were replaced I would replace Under warranty.They were stock
The tech is tapping my grips and winks With his back to the desk goof I answered “ Last winter you guys installed kahuna heated grips could that be the problem? Parts should be here in a week covered under warranty.Wow

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I’m with @skratch. I’ve done a couple sets of bars and the switch cover is the thing that’s biome the most trouble every time. If it feel off it wasn’t put back on right or it was broke taking it off.
I thought I was going to break mine, trying to get it off to go with the lighted controls on my 15

·
Registered
308 Posts
I guess I need a new bike.... I was trying to figure out why we were showing the handle bars when the reset button is down by the speedo....

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
442 Posts
I thought I was going to break mine, trying to get it off to go with the lighted controls on my 15
The tech mentioned that there are three tabs that hold it in place if it is not installed right a tab gets bent or broke off the lock cover will exit the bike he said he see it a lot . First for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts