Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new found popularity of all of our favorite motorcycle, there are multiple new members daily it seems.

1) Does anyone know our current member strength?

I've been meaning to post about the following for a while. Since my 1 bad buying/selling experience on the forum, when I see a part for sale, i look first at the seller's post number and then to see how many of those are "parts for sale" posts. They used to rarely be the same. Nowadays there seem to be more people just here to sell things. And it's not just the new members either! I actually clicked on one today who has been a member since 2012, had 84 posts, and almost all were selling posts.

Not whining or griping, just my way of saying most members will agree this is the BEST motorcycle forum on the Internet! Period! It's that way IMO for two reasons:

1) Rules/Rule Enforcement-both by admins and members.

2) The ones that are willing to abide by the Forum's rules are generally awesome people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The #'s are visible as members online at a time
Perplexing....in predators to posers
From 1 post to 8,000 post
In no way, "me saying this" on RG.org that
that freedoms, Respect and tolerance on
As said a Free Site, is well policed as proof
spam bots or what not, the SPONSERs
are some of the best to be got.

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,927 Posts
The #'s are visible as members online at a time
Perplexing....in predators to posers
From 1 post to 8,000 post
In no way, "me saying this" on RG.org that
that freedoms, Respect and tolerance on
As said a Free Site, is well policed as proof
spam bots or what not, the SPONSERs
are some of the best to be got.
Im new. And posted my seat. But I just was invited from HD forums when I got my RGU. Over there I have 5 things listed. I thought it'd be take to post more stuff for sale than I had posts. I also listed my eBay. A me to show I'm not a crook. Just a guy who can't use his 08 Hammock seat on my 11 RGU.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im new. And posted my seat. But I just was invited from HD forums when I got my RGU. Over there I have 5 things listed. I thought it'd be take to post more stuff for sale than I had posts. I also listed my eBay. A me to show I'm not a crook. Just a guy who can't use his 08 Hammock seat on my 11 RGU.

By looking at some of your other posts, you also contribute to the forum. Right now, most of your posts are asking advice and what not. Most of us start off that way. But over time you will be answering questions for the "new" members.

I started out looking for audio advice, as my old RG was my first bike with a stereo. Four years and two RGs later, I've been through every audio setup from Boom audio in the stock positions to Focal and an 8" sub in the tourpak!

And our Admins are pretty awesome too.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Agreed RFG, what are HD forums?
Reds, HDforums is a harley davidson forum for all models of harley davidsons. Because it covers all models it is a huge forum with a huge membership. Along with that "in my opinion" is a huge amount of assholes. This roadglide is my first harley, not first bike but first harley, when I bought it the first forum I joined was HDForums. One of the things I noticed right off was how members treated newbies when they asked questions, some real jerks over there. Thats when I started looking for somewhere else to learn about my bike and found this place. I would recomend this forum to anyone

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,927 Posts
. Just a guy who can't use his 08 Hammock seat on my 11 RGU.
You might want to double check that. I think an 08 seat will fit an 11.[/QUOTE]

Trust me I did. They changed the frame in 09. I have a mustang vintage solo for sale too. The gy from Mustang seats on HDFORUMS even posted it's a one year seat due to design changes they had to redesign the seat. It only fits an 08. I see a lot of ads saying 08 and up. They're wrong. I tried it first hand. The first hammock seat I bought was off of Craigslist for a 10. It did not fit. If you check the fitment chart on hd.com it says 08 only.

Reactions: moose1

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reds, HDforums is a harley davidson forum for all models of harley davidsons. Because it covers all models it is a huge forum with a huge membership. Along with that "in my opinion" is a huge amount of assholes. This roadglide is my first harley, not first bike but first harley, when I bought it the first forum I joined was HDForums. One of the things I noticed right off was how members treated newbies when they asked questions, some real jerks over there. Thats when I started looking for somewhere else to learn about my bike and found this place. I would recomend this forum to anyone

^^^^^yup, pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,927 Posts
Ya. I start off slow on any new forum. I'm a moderator on a large body building board. So I'm used to the testosterone fuels ego trips. There are some real shit heads on HDFORUMS. But if you weed them out there are a lot more helpful people. I like how mellow it is here. I'm no where near new to riding. My first harley was a 1984 low rider. I bought in 84. I was 17. Since then I have had 3 shovel heads a 48el pan with FL wheels. An 05 classic springer the 08 SG and now the 11 RGU. I've built more than a few ground up builds and am no stranger to a tool box and a bike lift. But I go into any new venture with a blank slate. Treat it as I know nothing and ask as much as I can to make informed decisions. I know less about efi than I do an M74 Linkert or an S&S super. I grew up on my Dad's 1960 Pan riding on the tank as a kid. But I know less than most and more than some. I like riding my bike and talking to like minded people.

Wait until I post a "what tuner should I get thread." Lol.

I'll he posting more as I get comfy here. I'll take a few quality replies over 100 Jackwagons just giving an opinion not an educated answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.