Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go alittle louder on my 2011 RG. Can I just change the speakers instead of putting in an amp and spending alot of $$? Speaker recommendations?

Thank you

·
Registered
918 Posts
I really like my J&M 7.25"....no amp with mine, just stock
head unit.

I'm sure you will get 6 different opinions on which speakers sound better / best.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hot topic, and a bunch of ways to go. I went with speakers by Kicker. Was happy with them, but I have already ordered my amp, and I am thinking about adding another set in the innerr fairing

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Louder Speakers

I like my J&M 7.25, but there are many opinions on which are best. One suggestion, try to find others in your area with dif speakes and see what you like.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Changing speakers that are more sensitive or have a better tweeter (titanium dome) will work better it will depend on your windshield your exhaust and how fast you drive

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I just started a thread about my stereo mods, which only consist of swapping a set of J&M speakers (part number HRUS-05-GTM-B) into the fairing. If you're not looking to do a complete revamp of your system, I recommend these speakers. MUCH better than stock, and only cost me about $110 off of eBay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Polk Speakers...

There are many variables to this answer (as you can see). If you limit yourself to the two brands then you will have a limited end result and satisfaction. I have been running Polk marine speakers for several years now and they work very well. There is a adapter kit for the 6.5 if you want a little larger speaker but they are excellent for my use (80-85 MPH, 6'2", 200lbs, WindVest 12" windshield). I also have a Hawgwired amp tied to them so I get a little more power. Of course you are only going to get high power nothing on the bottom (bas) unless you start doing crazy stuff. Not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
personally, i like my boom speaker upgrade. i have no amp, sounds a lot better than stock. maybe if i sat side by side to someone else i would hear the difference and not be as happy, but i don't ride with someone else right on top of me so my stereo sounds fine.

on top of that, i'm not worried about the extra weight of the speaker breaking the mounts like has happened to others.

http://roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=3996&highlight=speakers+fairing+broken

·
Registered
22 Posts
got the boom speaker up grade on my 11 RG also. plenty load for me. no problem hearing it going down the interstate. cheaper than hog tunes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on set J&M 7.25 no amp yet. Read buch on speaker here and agonized between j&m and hawgwired good luck with your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts