Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the long 4th of July weekend, I and a couple others (not on RGO) are riding from the New Orleans area to Birmingham for zip lining and riding.

Our jump off point will be in Covington near I-12 and we'll ride as much off the superslab as possible. Dinner, music or whatever (fireworks?) Friday night.

Saturday, the 5th

Red Ore Zip Tour at Red Mountain Park. See http://www.redmountainpark.org/zip-line-trips for more information and health restrictions.

Cost of $50 includes: 7 zip lines, a sky bridge, a swing and a rappel. Reservations and Pre-Payment for Zip Lining: Call Will Collins at 205-202-6043 and ask to be included in the 9:30 AM Reservation on 7/5/14.

After that, we’ll ride….and have fun….and eat….ride s'more,….eat s'more, and have drinks. Ideas from locals are definitely appreciated.

We'll head home after breakfast on Sunday morning.

Best rate I found for motel was on Travelocity for Days Inn at Summit Mall - $47 per night.

I am aware that this is a holiday weekend for which most will already have plans. And then there are those of us who don't -- so this is an option. It will be a lot of fun! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Would go but stuck in Red Deer Alberta Canada in Gasoline Alley at work then on of all places Chalmette . If one of these ends early I might make it .

The kicker my motel overlooks Gasoline Alley HD in Red Deer Canada . Talk about torture . If I don't make hope yall have a great time .

·
Registered
853 Posts
CAcuff, you might want to look at Banning Mills in Georgia, heard it's supposed to be one of the best in the world.....not that much farther than where you're headed, it's about 35 miles SW of Atlanta. Looks pretty intense, hundreds of feet up, 55 mph.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Chalmette didn't Happen now in Trinidad . Hope to ride soon . And will take care of the other thing when I get back state side.

·
Registered
192 Posts
12 hour work days crazy traffic that makes Dallas look tame lol ready to get home and ride . I won't comment on the food but the people for the most part or very nice . Spent A month in Canada where highs was 10c now working in 30 to 35 c on an asphalt pad I am melting lol. Got bit by some bug and ran a fever for four days went to a local doctor got meds kept working and I be damn got bit by a damn spider right below my eye couldn't see out of it but kept working on the fifth day. Tried eating something the locals called doubles not for me . Tried Rotti and loved it . Probally dropped twenty pounds in nine days . Language is my biggest barrier here can't under stand jack shite but am trying to learn. I enjoy working outside the U.S. but it is time to get home to Boudin cracklins jambalaya etc. Stay safe and hope to ride with all of you soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts