Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, today I installed Love Jugs, Might Mite cooling fan. Install is pictured below. This is installed on my Road Glide without the acc button set up. That's an extra 100+ dollar harness from Harley, I didn't need it. Pretty easy install, things I recommend; getting better butt connectors to install to battery than what are provided, they're pretty cheap and broke for me. Also, I purchased the frame mount, so this is installed with frame mount.

Things to watch out for are the head temp sensor, first item circled in red. You can always cut the wires and install butt connectors, but I took pictures of taking apart the connector, the locks holding the wiring pins is what is circled in the second red circle picture.

Any questions feel free to ask, daily job is diesel mechanic and electrical and stuff is a must know.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using instructions provided with install and referencing these pictures install should be a breeze.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Is that one of those slip in between the fins temp switches?

My experience with those slip between the fins temperature switches was poor an best. If that's what you want to run, then I would strongly suggest that you build a bypass into the circuit. Or at least carry a open ended scotch lock and a pair of pliers, so you can jump it without burning you hands when the scooter is hot.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that one of those slip in between the fins temp switches?

My experience with those slip between the fins temperature switches was poor an best. If that's what you want to run, then I would strongly suggest that you build a bypass into the circuit. Or at least carry a open ended scotch lock and a pair of pliers, so you can jump it without burning you hands when the scooter is hot.
I think it's a temp sensor. It was stock on the bike, it's a two wire sensor. I didn't trace it or anything. Just a sensor that needs to get avoided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts