Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 17 RG. I like the fan assisted oil cooler because you can't see it and it looks stock but fear it won't cool enough and I'll be better off with mighty mites. Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I'm guessing it's not a wet head, so Mighty Mites 24/7/365.

I run a set of black Wards jug fans on mine, they look about the same. And they are hardly noticeable. No one ever notices them untll they hear them cycle on.

It comes down to this. You can blow some air over the relatively small area of the oil cooler and its sub 300f surface temps. Usually 240f to 260f

Or you can blow air over the large area of the head fins and upper jug and its 280f and higher surface temps. Same air temp, but a lot more heat in the head.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing it's not a wet head, so Mighty Mites 24/7/365.

I run a set of black Wards jug fans on mine, they look about the same. And they are hardly noticeable. No one ever notices them untll they hear them cycle on.

It comes down to this. You can blow some air over the relatively small area of the oil cooler and its sub 300f surface temps. Usually 240f to 260f

Or you can blow air over the large area of the head fins and upper jug and its 280f and higher surface temps. Same air temp, but a lot more heat in the head.
It's just oil passing through the heads. True enough though

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
have you thought of installing both the fan assisted oil cooler and the CoolFlow fan that goes in the mid frame.

The fan assisted oil cooler will lower the temp of the oil before it goes through the heads and the CoolFlow is more for your comfort. I am planning to give this combo a try before installing a mighty mite or wards fan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you thought of installing both the fan assisted oil cooler and the CoolFlow fan that goes in the mid frame.

The fan assisted oil cooler will lower the temp of the oil before it goes through the heads and the CoolFlow is more for your comfort. I am planning to give this combo a try before installing a mighty mite or wards fan.
No I'm not so interested in keeping my legs cool, more just the bike. Anything I can do to help it whenever I get caught in traffic

·
Registered
24 Posts
The fan assist oil cooler has a thicker radiator than stock and that cool looking radiator cover that came out for the M8 will fit. The instructions claim it will not fit the FAOC but it will no problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd suggest you install the Love Jugs first. You can then add the oil cooler if you think it's necessary (you probably won't) later. Also you have 30 days to return your Love Jugs for a full refund if you don't like them for any reason. Love Jugs are being called the Golden Bullet because they keep your oil 50˚ cooler and the cylinders 140˚ cooler in slow riding conditions when the heat really builds up. Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love Jugs no risk solution.

No I'm not so interested in keeping my legs cool, more just the bike. Anything I can do to help it whenever I get caught in traffic
You might want to try the Love Jugs first. Chances are you will not need other help in cooling your engine and your oil (see love-jugs.com for AMSOIL test results). This suggestion is no risk to you because you can return your Love Jugs for a full refund if they don't meet or exceed your expectations. You can call me 24/7 to discuss at 561-499-0974 to discuss in detail.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The fan assist oil cooler has a thicker radiator than stock and that cool looking radiator cover that came out for the M8 will fit. The instructions claim it will not fit the FAOC but it will no problem.

Will it fit with lowers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I really want the Luv Jugs but I can't get past the look. Im afraid it will take away from the look of the bike and the engine.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wards Fans and HD CoolFlow here.

I like the Wards ( They are small and move a ton of air....Mighty Mites now??) to cool when stuck in summertime traffic, but be aware that engine cooling fans are pushing heat off the motor to where your right leg is.
The CoolFan pulls heat off the back of the engine and throws it down to the road, between the frame and exhaust pipe.
Oh, this is on a 2015 TC, which HD says will not fit or work on:grin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
it depends on where you spend most of your time.i had a fan on 2011,when it came on to hot on leg.in Utah with temps seldom over 100 I would use oil cooler with fan.i also like the bigger oil pan.however once the cat is gone not usually a problem for most of the guys and gals I ride with

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I really want the Luv Jugs but I can't get past the look. Im afraid it will take away from the look of the bike and the engine.
Here’s as close as I could get to a side by side comparison for you. Just trying to help you out. I felt the same way as you but then after mounting them I don’t even notice them. Only thing they’re hiding is the spark plugs.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I went with the fan assisted oil cooler and the love jugs mighty mites. No regrets they work together and I have no worries of the bike getting hot if I get stuck in traffic. Doesn’t look too bad not enough to bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts