Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure this topic has come up before.
The weather here is heating up as well as the Road Glide.
Do Love Jugs really work as advertised?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I am pretty sure this topic has come up before.
The weather here is heating up as well as the Road Glide.
Do Love Jugs really work as advertised?
Well.......I have had the powervision hooked up and watched the temps brought down by the mighty mites. That is however only a temp from one spot on the front head. Harley does deem that spot acceptablele to feed info to their ecu. It does blow a considerable amount of air through my heads, and I mean those little suckers blow like eddienelson on a goat farm. That’s a lot btw!
Bottom line is that they blow a lot of air at and onto the most critical part of the head. Certainly can’t hurt. I feel much better about my big bore in traffic with them. I actually just leave them on all the time. Went with the five year warranty so figured I’d test that out.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Moving air across the head will darn sure drop engine temps. That is were the heat is. Several of us have shown that in the past. Air across the heads will do a lot more than any oil cooler will come close to doing. As for brand, does it madder ? Air across the heads will do some good if you need it. I had Lenale's on a couple of mine before going with liquid cooled heads.
The numbers showing heat reduction are on this forum some where but I can't find the thread anymore.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
There is a thread on the tech forum about this. They do work. Im down to the mighty mites or the JIMS fan. The warranty seems better with the MM. Instal seems easier on the MM. My opinion only, the JIMS look better. Don't know what setup works better of the 2.
I need to make a decision on this

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Went to the Dealership today and the tech guys and the parts people pretty much raved about the product. As for looks...Well we drive Sharks! I think I will order the might mites. I did not like the look of the original love jugs. Checked out the JIMS. Look pretty cool but...what is our theme: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

·
Registered
150 Posts
perfect timing for this thread. I was actually just looking at Love Jugs but the cool master model and only thing drawing me away was the size of the unit. I wasn't considering the MM as they look to small to throw out an abundance of air compared to the bigger cool master. Can anyone chime in with regards to velocity on the MM's? Looking to purchase tomorrow. Also did anyone go with the vibration mount and/or the direct mount from them moving around too much?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Off topic a little...…...But has the story of Jason Wards fans and the Mighty Mites ever come to light?

btw...….I have run the Wards fans since 2008, they work, but realize that the heat is blown onto your right leg. That's what prompted me to look into fitting the HD Cool fan onto my 15. The cool fan is the best way to remove heat from the rider by blowing the heat down and away.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Off topic a little...…...But has the story of Jason Wards fans and the Mighty Mites ever come to light?

btw...….I have run the Wards fans since 2008, they work, but realize that the heat is blown onto your right leg. That's what prompted me to look into fitting the HD Cool fan onto my 15. The cool fan is the best way to remove heat from the rider by blowing the heat down and away.
The more I ride my '15, the more I want to follow suit and figure out how to adapt the HD Coolflow Fan onto my bike. I just suck when it comes wiring stuff up and understanding where to cut into existing wires etc. I need Youtube videos dammit! lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Someone on here has installed the Cool Flow fan on their pre '17. There is a thread and install pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts