Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home safe and sound and back at work. What a great trip into the Smokies. Tamed the Dragon again, smote the Diamondback, slayed Snake 28, and rode 1700 miles in 6 states over 5 days. Most of those miles were on curvy roads with speeds under 40 mph.

This was part of the GlideFest started 7 years ago on another forum (ElectraGlide Garage on Delphi) This year, about a third of the bikes were RoadGlides!!!! Not to mention all of the other RoadGlides that I saw in the Maggie Valley area where we stayed.

Came home and TV broke, so shopping for a replacement instead of downloading pics. Will try to post a few.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
just back myself , love it there

·
Registered
350 Posts
ive been back a few weeks but i have to agree! that is a beautiful part of the country! would love to go back again sometime!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Been there 3 times in the last two years, hoping to make it up there this year. We are going to wait till it is cooler and hopefully catch the seasonal changes, went last year in july, it was hot! Love staying in robbinsville hotel for bikes, lotsa parking spots, couple of good little breakfast dinner spots in town, and they have a group of cloggers on friday nights i believe it was, in the square uptown, that was a neat little experience. We actually drove around all over the area from robbinsville, north, south, east and west, tons of great rides and lots of sights to see.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was there week before last. 1409 miles to Sky Line Drive, down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Parkway and back.

Saw a few wild turkeys, a BIG rattlesnake, several deer encounters (be careful), but didn't see any bears until I was about 20 miles west of Richmond. Big guy ran down the bank and across the road in front of us. Good thing I didn't hit him. I would have had a hard time convincing him it was his fault!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm headed up that way at the end of the month for a stay at Ironhorse M/C Lodge just outside of Robbinsville.

I skirted the Smokies twice between Oct 2010 and June 2011 while on a National Parks Tour Ironbutt quest. Spent one night in SMNP but I pretty much just blazed through. This trip will be 4 days just exploring the old moonshiner "thunder roads" and wearing rubber off of the sides of my tires!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great trip and returned safely. Here now and having a great time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts