Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Follow up to the 'To CVO or not to CVO..." thread where I asked those that owned CVO's to give their opinions to help me make the decision on whether to trade my mostly stock 2013 RGC for a 2013 RGC CVO. The opinions of all were overwhelmingly positive and to 'go for it', so I did.

I had a 2013 RGC in Candy Orange with just a few mods on it - Heritage bars, Harley Hammock seat with rider back rest, Mustange driver's back rest, EZ-Up center stand, MadStad windshield, back rack, different mirrors and grips - but everything else pretty much stock. I had re-upped my warranty last September and planned to put a Stage One on this year with new pipes and some better shocks.

I walked into a local HD and saw a 2013 RGC CVO in Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald for sale. A guy had traded it in on a 2015 RGU CVO. The '13 CVO was the bike that got me salivating on HD Road Glides in the first place but back then I didn't want to drop that much cash on a new one. It only had just over 8k miles on it and looked to be in near mint condition. I was salivating all over again. The upgrades I wanted to add to mine were going to set me back at least 4 grand so why not get everything I want and more for less money down if I can make the numbers work, right?

I did the numbers with the dealer and the wife and I weighed the pros and cons and the pros overwhelmed the cons we so made the deal. So far we are both really happy with the new bike. The previous owner added some extras and the bike is pretty much exactly like I want it. I stripped everything of value off my old bike except the Heritage bars and grips. Some of those things are now on the CVO. The Harley Hammock and Mustang driver's back rest, the rider back rest are the biggest additions and look fine.

While I did keep the MadStad, so far the stock HD Windsplitter does a fine job of controlling buffeting up to about 70 mph so I'm in no hurry to put on the MadStad just yet. Also put on my 'cool' Scythe mirrors as I didn't care much for the stock ones. Not sure if I'll put on the EZ-UP center stand since I only really used it on the last one for oil changes and since I negotiated a full 10-year free service plan that might go on the chopping block.

As for the bike itself, we couldn't be more pleased with the ride. It's the same great ride as the last one with better shocks and more power. The 110 motor, SE race tuner, Rhinehart pipes and heavy breather give it the extra get up and go that was missing on the stock RGC. I absolutely LOVE the paint and badges on the new one as well. I'll post some photos from my phone as a reply to this post.

Thanks again to everyone that chimed in with opinions and encouragement on the original thread. You were right!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
As promised, some photos - That's my son's new (used) bike he picked up just a couple days after I got mine. It's a 2006 Ducati Monster 620 Dark.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And some more... (yes, those are green underglows... the last owner put them on!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nice looking bike and glad you are happy with the purchase. Nice job getting some maintenance thrown in.

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
Nice bike.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot! BTW... If you decide that you do want to go with the EZ-Up center stand I have one I took off of my 2012 CVO and I will make you a great deal. I lowered my bike a little so I can't use it anymore.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new scoot! BTW... If you decide that you do want to go with the EZ-Up center stand I have one I took off of my 2012 CVO and I will make you a great deal. I lowered my bike a little so I can't use it anymore.
Thanks, but I think I'll forgo it. Like I said, now that I don't have to do the maintenance any more, I really don't think I'll need it.

Probably throw mine up on the classifieds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts