Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to research this, can't find anything. Can ya help a idiot out?
I keep getting that code randomly on the bike. Everything checks out. Battery at 12.8. Motor running 14.6 I changed the fob batt it still does it randomly like it popped up Friday not again till today. Not sure where to start but I do have hammers... .

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My low fob has suddenly popped up also. Good reminder for me to change it. Could it just be a historic code coming back up? Just a wild guess

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
While the bike is not running the battery should be around 13.8 . If the battery reads lower it may be time for a new battery. There is nothing wrong with your charging system because 14.6 is a sign of a healthy charging system.
Your FOB has nothing to do with the bikes battery the FOB has its own battery which should be a CR2032

Mark

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I always see 13.4 to 13.8 on a healthy battery when the bike is shut off. But My volt meter is a old analog so it may be off. the new digitals may be more accurate.
The volt meter on my bike which is digital always read 13.8 when running until I put all LED lights in now it reads 14.2 unless I crank the amp then it drops to 14.1 to 14.0.
Still if the OP is getting a low battery DTC then something is wrong with the battery or the connections. JMO

Mark

Reactions: MORider

·
Registered
373 Posts
How and where are you getting a F08 code?
All DTC's start with a 'U' or a 'P'.
There is a "sticky" in the electrical section that tells you how to get the codes.

Sent from my coal fired pay phone

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How and where are you getting a F08 code?
All DTC's start with a 'U' or a 'P'.
There is a "sticky" in the electrical section that tells you how to get the codes.

Sent from my coal fired pay phone
It reads out on my odometer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just an FYI, a couple of months after I purchased my 2017 my fob battery went dead. After some complaining and another dead battery I found out (probably on this forum) that if I carry the fob in the same pocket as my car fob the battery drains. I have not had a dead battery since keeping them separate.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also, leaving the keys in or near the bike while in the garage can drain both the bike and FOB batteries sooner since they will be "communicating" with each other. Or so I'm told.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Just an FYI, a couple of months after I purchased my 2017 my fob battery went dead. After some complaining and another dead battery I found out (probably on this forum) that if I carry the fob in the same pocket as my car fob the battery drains. I have not had a dead battery since keeping them separate.
Thanks for the heads up on that. My car and bike Fobs hang right next to each other.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also, leaving the keys in or near the bike while in the garage can drain both the bike and FOB batteries sooner since they will be "communicating" with each other. Or so I'm told.
My 2015 RGS FOB has original battery and stays in glove box. One battery change outside the one I cooked with bad wiring changing bars. Warranty covered that one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts