Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Ultra and recently purchased a headset for my half helmet. At 80 mph with a little wind and volume cranked full, I can barely hear some songs. Using a flash drive. My friend has a 2013 and an ipod and music is good at 4 or 5 bars. I run with the speed volume set at 4.
Any thoughts.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a 2016 Ultra and recently purchased a headset for my half helmet. At 80 mph with a little wind and volume cranked full, I can barely hear some songs. Using a flash drive. My friend has a 2013 and an ipod and music is good at 4 or 5 bars. I run with the speed volume set at 4.
Any thoughts.
Is the headset HD or aftermarket? If is aftermarket maybe it is an impedance issue

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a full face and a stage 1 set-up on my ultra. Now I' on sena freewire, but even when I was on cable I never had less than 7-8 bars on audio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I suppose it could be that my recordings are at a lower volume when I recorded them somehow. Not sure what else to think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the VOX off. At first I thought my headset was faulty but figured the VOX out.
Also, my buddy has the same set up, half helmet and HD headset. No problem with his volume.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It most likely is the recorded level of the music, I use mp3gain to 'adjust the gain level' so all the recording are the same. Some would be very quiet and others too loud, but everything is adjusted to a particular sound level which is higher than the originals.

I googled the name and downloaded the program

1 - 12 of 12 Posts