Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I installed the Classic Motorcycle vents in mine. I am not the only one on the site that has them. I found out about them here. They do work and don't look too bad either. The door is multi-position with stops to stay in position from full open to full closed. The "fun" part is taking a Dremel tool to a pair of lowers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have used the vents from .:Classic Motorcycle Air Vents.:. on several of my No -Vented Lowers.
You can purchase them from their web site.
Or you can find them on eBay too. You can save a buck or two with eBay.
I have. Ought both ways. Using eBay takes more time (bid must end).
Or get it right away from the web site.

Just remember. Measure twice before you cut the hole. I seed the vent with clear RTV. I have pictures in my photo album.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year bikes have you used these on. I have an 09 and looked on eBay but the one I found didn't go up to my year

·
Registered
217 Posts
+1 on classic. Mine is an 06 but the lowers came from an fl .Can't help on whether they will work for 09...

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Q-Hog had them on yellow before the transformation. He had the newer style RG non vented on with some type of aftermarket vents..
Look at his before pic on the thread going 30 and see if they are the same lowers you got.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What year bikes have you used these on. I have an 09 and looked on eBay but the one I found didn't go up to my year
I first installed them in the Non-Vented Lowers installed on my 1989 Ultra.
Next was my '98 ultra. Both had non-vented lowers. They were next installed on my 1998 Ultra. I installed them in the Factory Non-vented Lower. Look at my Album. I have a close up of the lowers on the Factory non-vented lowers on my '09. Love them year round.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gonna try to install these this winter. I checked the manufacturer website but was warned it was a dangerous site.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'm gonna try to install these this winter. I checked the manufacturer website but was warned it was a dangerous site.
I go all of the time with no problems.
But you can get them off eBay too.
Just make sure they are the genuine vents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts