Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the H-D quick detach hardware for their lower fairings or some other brand? Is it worth paying the extra coin to be able to detach? Thank you all.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Anybody using the H-D quick detach hardware for their lower fairings or some other brand? Is it worth paying the extra coin to be able to detach? Thank you all.
Once you put them on , you won't want to take them off , especially if you add speaker pods.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I use standard hardware and takes maybe 10-15 minutes to install or remove, 4 nuts each side. I just put them on yesterday so I'm sure of the time. I don't know about you but I only put them on if I'm fairly certain I'm riding into weather. I'm leaving Tuesday for Florida so expecting rain. I put them on once last year for Sharkweek in Canada and hope this will be the only time this year.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I have both, I actually like the standard better than the quick detach, it seems to hold better, it only takes about 5 more minutes to get the lowers off. Unless you're going to be taking the lowers off quite often, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Couldn't agree more dbell, I've actual come to like the overall look to my RG with them on. I may take them off during the July / August heat

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the quick detach and while slightly faster to take off I would spend the money on something else. The screw heads are larger making it easier to screw and unscrew but it's not as quick as pushing buttons and removing.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
it isn't really so much as quick detach as it is 'tool less'. it's so easy to remove them when needed that I wouldn't bother spending the big bucks that they want for them.

also, as mentioned, they're likely to stay on the bike anyway. I do remove the vent doors in the summer months, but not the whole lower.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought the quick detach hardware with my lowers. I didn't use them and I haven't taken the vented lowers off of my M8. I took the unvented lowers off my 08 every summer.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts