Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of help picking out speaker pods for my vented lowers. I don’t really want to pay the price Harley wants for their’s, but the one set of aftermarket ones I ordered don’t match up at all. So does anyone have a recommendation for a speaker pod for the lower fairings on a 2012 road glide that won’t break the bank and that won’t look like crap.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I need a bit of help picking out speaker pods for my vented lowers. I don’t really want to pay the price Harley wants for their’s, but the one set of aftermarket ones I ordered don’t match up at all. So does anyone have a recommendation for a speaker pod for the lower fairings on a 2012 road glide that won’t break the bank and that won’t look like crap.
I'm in the same boat. Not this week. But this summer. Which ones did you try already? Amazon has a few different ones. I just want vivid black. My bike is black quartz but the inner fairing is vivid black and I put a vivid black dash on it. So I want to keep the same look of contrasting blacks along with the chrome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the Mutazu ones. They were about $60 but they fit like crap. The lower sits inside the pod on the outer side, it goes from flush to overhang on the top section and then sits outside on the other side. Nothing lined up right. In this case, you definitely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Advanblack speaker pods on my 2012 and the fit and finish is very good in my opinion.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put Advanblack lowers and pods on my bike this winter. Lowers fit nice, but the fit of the pod to the lower leaves something to be desired. I can live with it but not the best fit. With being said, I am pleased with the color match, Black Quartz. Tough color to match and it seems to be right on. Of course, I haven't seen it in the sun yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got mine off eBay, I’ve got a 2012 roadglide ultra. I don’t remember the price but trust me if I swallow a rock I will crap a diamond. It wasn’t that high. I’ll look through my purchases history on the app and get back to you.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Who makes the lowers that you already have installed? More than likely your best chance of getting a good fit will be to install the pods by the same maker as the lowers. Otherwise I have Hogworkz on mine and the fit and finish are very good.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I put Advanblack lowers and pods on my bike this winter. Lowers fit nice, but the fit of the pod to the lower leaves something to be desired. I can live with it but not the best fit. With being said, I am pleased with the color match, Black Quartz. Tough color to match and it seems to be right on. Of course, I haven't seen it in the sun yet.
Same experience I had with AB. Velocity Red, excellent color match, but when you tighten the screws for the pod it deforms the junction and the fit to the lowers doesn't look good. It is necessary to add locktite and loosen the screws quite a bit to get a good fit. Also on mine the top edge has excessive paint along the ridge and doesn't match the rest. As you said I can live with it, but it is not great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got mine off eBay, I’ve got a 2012 roadglide ultra. I don’t remember the price but trust me if I swallow a rock I will crap a diamond. It wasn’t that high. I’ll look through my purchases history on the app and get back to you.

LOL, thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought the Mutazu vivid black version WITH the installed speakers and simply switched the installed speakers out. Came completely intact, matched my vivid black perfectly. Inexpensive too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did AdvanBlack as well, for the price I think they are awesome, connection seems a little off but they are solid.

Good luck man, unfortunately it will come down to you in the end, I took a 400 dollar leap hoping the AB would match and I am happy with em.

I got pics in my profile.

·
Registered
158 Posts
+1 Advanblack lowers with speaker pod. Color match perfect but as others mentioned fit of the pod was a bit off. I was able to get them to match up perfect by grinding down the top of 3 screw posts just a bit as were a bit too long preventing from seating down all the way, and also fussing with tightening screws and in what order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I bought the Mutazu vivid black version WITH the installed speakers and simply switched the installed speakers out. Came completely intact, matched my vivid black perfectly. Inexpensive too!

That's exactly what I did only unpainted, and the fit was horrible. Nothing lined up between the Harley lower and the pod. When I sent them pictures of how bad they were, they never really gave me an explanation, just told me to send them back and gave me a shipping label.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's exactly what I did only unpainted, and the fit was horrible. Nothing lined up between the Harley lower and the pod. When I sent them pictures of how bad they were, they never really gave me an explanation, just told me to send them back and gave me a shipping label.
Ahhh, I didn't change anything but the actual 4 ohm "professional" speaker that it came with to my speaker of choice...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with hogworkz. Fit and finish were good and so was the paint. Fit my 6.5 speakers nicely. My neighbor went Advanblack and there nice too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts