Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lower Fairing speakers or Inner Fairings speakers. Looking to "thicken" my sound a bi

I had the first phase of my audio done today here is what I went with: Kenwood Excelon KDCX998 head unit, Hertz 6.5 HSK165.4 speakers in stock locations, and a Rockford Fosgate T400X4AD power amp. Here are a few questions, if you have any if these items, please let me know how you like them or any issues/problems you've had. My next question concerns the next step, I'm considering lower fairings and putting speakers in them, or adding speakers to the inner fairing walls, which is the best way to go considering sound quality at speeds and just all around improving the sound quality even more?. Any advice, opinions, etc is appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the first phase of my audio done today here is what I went with: Kenwood Excelon KDCX998 head unit, Hertz 6.5 HSK165.4 speakers in stock locations, and a Rockford Fosgate T400X4AD power amp. Here are a few questions, if you have any if these items, please let me know how you like them or any issues/problems you've had. My next question concerns the next step, I'm considering lower fairings and putting speakers in them, or adding speakers to the inner fairing walls, which is the best way to go considering sound quality at speeds and just all around improving the sound quality even more?. Any advice, opinions, etc is appreciated.

You have a solid setup already. If it were me, i would do the lower fairing speakers instead of the fairing. Why? I wouldnt want to chop my fairing up to add some speakers when lowers are already there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have clarified, I don't have lowers now. I'm considering putting a set on. I'm adding up the numbers to see what I'll have in it by the time I buy them and have them painted, then mounting the speakers in them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This spring I did my stereo upgrade. I originally wanted inner fairing 6.5 installed but shopped talked me out of it. Did 6.5s in place of the stock fairing speakers and also added 6x9 in the bag lids. Well after riding for a month I took it back in and added 6.5s to the inner fairing and all I can say is WOW!!!!! That was the sound and picture I had in my head of a rocking system! Go with the inner fairing mounted ones and skip the lowers!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I should have clarified, I don't have lowers now. I'm considering putting a set on. I'm adding up the numbers to see what I'll have in it by the time I buy them and have them painted, then mounting the speakers in them.

I am going thru that right now as well. For me, its a no brainer to get the painted fairings from Harley. I can get them for about $550 shipped from surdyke. I dont know the color of your bike but mine is black denim and I have yet to find a painter willing to do ANYTHING to my bike unless they can paint the entire area of the bike.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't really care for lowers and that's why I bought a RGC. I have Hertz in the original location and in the lower inner fairing. Can here at highway speeds.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Going to add mine to the inner fairing this winter.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Go with BOTH, do the inner faring speakers now (should be more cost effective)
Save a little and get the lowers and do them later. JM2C!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go with BOTH, do the inner faring speakers now (should be more cost effective)

Save a little and get the lowers and do them later. JM2C!

That's not a bad idea. If I go that route, I could add another 400x4 power amp while I am at it and then be ready to use the other 2 channels for some rear speakers down the road........ Now you've got me thinking.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I also went with the lowers and i can run 90 and the person next to me in a cage can hear my stereo clean and clear. I have all Hawg Wired stuff.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts