Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have HD vented lower fairings on my 20 RGS and have been thinking about adding speakers/pods to them. I am hard of hearing, wear good ear plugs and a full face helmet. I already have a aftermarket AMP/Speakers in the upper fairing. My question for those that have them, does it really make that much of a difference and if so, who has the best pods?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yes.. if you are adding.speakers to hear it better when you ride, then the lowers are the ticket.. lids are lost over 25mph

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
With a full face helmet and hard of hearing, lowers might help. Only you know how much of your hearing is lost, so its hard to say.
Ill have to disagree about losing the lids at over 25mph. I dam sure can hear mine on the interstate, with my wife's leg over them. Plenty of clean power to a really good speaker. I lost a remote wire a couple years ago and the amp for the lids shut off. Knew instantly when there was no sound out of them

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
With a full face helmet and hard of hearing, lowers might help. Only you know how much of your hearing is lost, so its hard to say.
Ill have to disagree about losing the lids at over 25mph. I dam sure can hear mine on the interstate, with my wife's leg over them. Plenty of clean power to a really good speaker. I lost a remote wire a couple years ago and the amp for the lids shut off. Knew instantly when there was no sound out of them
If you want more sound in your face... lowers over lids is what I getting at. If you have a good set of lid speakers.. sure.. you can hear them.. I hear mine.. but lowers provide sound in front rather than behind you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All, thank for the info.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I put speakers in the lowers last summer and can definitely hear the difference.

I do not have speakers in the rear lids - yet.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Lowers will be your best bang for the buck hands down. If you are running the HD lowers I would probably try to get their pods but the unfortunate thing is that I believe they only sell theirs with the Boom speakers. Take a look at the Hogtunes ones. Otherwise I was running Hog Works lowers with their pods and the quality was very good.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I was given a set of old style lowers (09-13) that had Hog Wired speakers in them. pulled them out and gave away. Taking my lowers to have them painted.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
I have PRV 6MR500 Speakers in The Lowers of My 12 Custom and they sound awesome.
I have the older version of them so I had to round them out to make them fit as they came in a square basket.
They are now made in a round basket and very easy to install in The Lowers.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lowers will be your best bang for the buck hands down. If you are running the HD lowers I would probably try to get their pods but the unfortunate thing is that I believe they only sell theirs with the Boom speakers. Take a look at the Hogtunes ones. Otherwise I was running Hog Works lowers with their pods and the quality was very good.
I have a set of HD lower speaker pods that came with my speakers I didn’t use. Make me an offer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Spazz, I agree they would be more in your face.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All, thanks for the info, hopefully I can fine some used H-D ones that someone has taken off in black.

·
Registered
714 Posts
A
All, thanks for the info, hopefully I can fine some used H-D ones that someone has taken off in black.
Unless you are dead set on having H-D ones, check out Amazon. I picked up lower speaker pods in black for under $75 shipped. The fit is spot on and I was really impressed. I’d have to go back and look but I think the brand is xmoto or something like that

·
Registered
714 Posts
A
Unless you are dead set on having H-D ones, check out Amazon. I picked up lower speaker pods in black for under $75 shipped. The fit is spot on and I was really impressed. I’d have to go back and look but I think the brand is xmoto or something like that

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A

Thanks for the info, I will check that out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will check that out.

XMT-MOTO is the brand I used. Obviously mine were for the older lowers. The link above is for the newer ones.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^ thanks for the link^^^^

1 - 20 of 23 Posts