Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than factory HD lowers could I have some recommendations to suit 18 Road Glide.. Being in Australia freight is a killer.. I know AdvanBlack do some but they are still up there in price... Also has anyone added a lock to the glovebox on the lowers... Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have been toying with getting them for mine for a while now, and frankly, I have it found any really crazy cheap ones worth their weight in gold. Plus, if you buy the really cheap ones, tou have to spend allot more money to get them to be able to be painted. Unless you don't paint them or do a cheap spray yourself. Doable, but not an expensive road glide! (Batwing maybe lolol!!).

So I am saying, spend a little more now and you will be happier.

Why haven't I went this route yet your wondering?

I am.too cheap and ot sure if they are worth it to me. Might go he soft types....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hogworks are very nice lowers. I got a set with the speaker pods. Love the sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If your bike is vivid black get the cheapest ones one can find. Aside from the hardware in the box, the knock offs from china are all pretty much the same.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
my bike being vivid black, i bought the cheap ones off of amazon. got a set for $110. been pretty happy with them. the only 'extra' hardware i had to buy was the p-clamp for the crash bar. not sure why, but they insist on sending ones that are too small for the hd crash bar.

i did buy the mesh screens that come on the twin cooled versions to allow more air flow in the summer. good $30 investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys, I checked out hogworkz but again the shipping is &157usd taking the cost to over $450 usd .. that's $658 AUD.. for a knock off probably made in China anyway.. and yes my bike is vivid black

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have used the Hogworks ones on a few customer's bikes. I've never installed ones with gloveboxes though because everyone opts for the added speakers. I can keep my eyes out for any we take off of trade ins and let you know. I would check Amazon and Ebay and see what the shipping shakes out to be.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
With the vivid black, you really can't go wrong with knock offs. A few have had issues, but many more (me included) am happy with them. Yes, I too had to get a larger clamp for the bottom. For the beating they get down there, I couldn't justify paying what HD wants. I can buy another set and still be ahead.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I bought a pair of the hogworks used from bh#103 and had them painted. I am very happy with the quality, fit and function of these. I would buy them again.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts