Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of putting lowers on my 2010. I’m long legged. Anything I should be concerned about or aftermarket things to avoid?

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
If your going with lowers , get the ones with speaker pods instead of glove boxes.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
How come?
The glove boxes Arn't that big but the extra speakers make a big difference in sound if you like listening to music. Some OLD FARTS could care less about tunes though. Just saying :)
Also there are 2 types of lowers out that are vented. The newer box type,vents and the older clamshell. Not sure about the difference in venting ,but the newer type are easier to open/ close while moving. IMO

Reactions: TroyAK

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
@Big_gary "Some OLD FARTS could care less about tunes though. Just saying"

Hey I resemble that remark, and this OLD FART likes listening to music :)

Reactions: madmat and Big_gary

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm 6'4 or so with long legs,just put my engine guard and lowers back on to help keep my legs warm.they make a big difference in that respect.I have stock boards and a seat that sits me back a bit,along with the floorboard spacers that move them outward.

I do sometimes tuck my toes into the front of the lowrs though,and when the left vent is open it interferes with my shifting (size 13 boots).

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Harley Vented Lowers on "The Short Bus"
34" Inseam, 13w Boot,
fit fine, not cramped at all, Luv 'em...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm 6'3" with size 14 boot. I just put the newer style Advan Black lowers with speaker pods on my '15 FLTRXS. Two things to watch out for...

1. The placement of your highway pegs. I've had to adjust mine a couple times now. When they would be folded up and I was at a stop, when putting my foot back on the foot board my toe would bonk on the outside of peg mount/lower. With the pegs folded out, it was no issue.

2. Brake pedal. The stock brake pedal is in such an awkward position that it makes it difficult to use. Adding the lowers just made it worse. There are a couple manufacturers of "extended" brake pedals for lowers. The ones for lowers aren't really any longer, they just lay flatter. I'd like to put one on, but it involves taking the lower off and unbolting the crash bar. Something I am not in the mood to do in the near future.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. I wouldn’t have thought of many of those things. Thanks, y’all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts