Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an fltrx.. bike is lowered some (-1 monotubes & -.5 shocks) also have 28" inseam.. I like the lowers look w/o the tourpack but do I want lowers and if they present no problems to the vertically challenged, should I go for the mocos version ($500+) or after market (whats good?). no need for custom paint, bike is denim.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have been thinking about lowers too. I am more worried about the heat. Will I notice a big difference in a negative way if I add lowers, or will it just be an improvement?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
483 Posts
I added lowers to my 01 last fall and have not removed them and as of yet have not noticed any more heat .
As for them being a problem for anyone vertically challenged, I am also only about 5'8" and do not have any trouble with them.
Piggs , since you have a 13 you can use the same lowers that all touring use, keep an eye on Ebay and you may find a set for much less than dealer cost if your patient.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just bought some on EBay and they don't come with screws and bolts to put them together. I did buy the mounting hardware to mount them but they did not come with the hardware to put them together. I need to find out what size screws and bolts I need.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Love my vented Lowers. They extend my riding season. I purchased mine from Mutazu with locking glove boxes. When I upgraded my stereo with speakers in my lowers I had to purchase speaker pods from fairing factory (Mutazu dosent make speaker pods) and grills from Harley. Things line up pretty well, but if I were going to do it all over again I would buy from factory fairing...JMO:eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got a 13 ultra, it has the vented lowers from the factory. I love them. Heat isn't a huge issue and I live in Vegas where it's crazy hot. I just leave them open.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added lowers to my 01 last fall and have not removed them and as of yet have not noticed any more heat .
As for them being a problem for anyone vertically challenged, I am also only about 5'8" and do not have any trouble with them.
Piggs , since you have a 13 you can use the same lowers that all touring use, keep an eye on Ebay and you may find a set for much less than dealer cost if your patient.
would these on ebay be HD lowers or aftermarket.. definatly vented Eagle.
I'd like it complete not like jaydogs running around.. Otis, Mutazu.. why would you go factory OEM? have any of you fxdguy ever taken them off for comparison of heat retention? vegas 'is' hot but not too humid as I recall.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did take them off for a couple weeks. Not a noticeable difference. Only time I felt a little more heat is if I closed the vents. We don't have Florida humidity but 115 degrees and 20-25% humidity feels like a blow torch coming out of a pizza oven.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Love my vented Lowers. They extend my riding season. I purchased mine from Mutazu with locking glove boxes. When I upgraded my stereo with speakers in my lowers I had to purchase speaker pods from fairing factory (Mutazu dosent make speaker pods) and grills from Harley. Things line up pretty well, but if I were going to do it all over again I would buy from factory fairing...JMO:eek:
otis2013... I have a 2013 also, with the Mutazu lowers did you have to trim anything or was it good to go right out of the box?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
otis2013... I have a 2013 also, with the Mutazu lowers did you have to trim anything or was it good to go right out of the box?
good question and Otis, why would you buy the MOCO version instead of mutazu if you had to do all over again?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Moco

Just my thought would be to go with the Moco versions. No fit issues, trimming or missing hardware. Save some money and order the primed version and get some John Deer Blitzblack.

PS
Unless you have giant clown feet they are the best thing for cold weather.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
thanks DH do you have any issues with your feet and the lowers?
no issues at all. Occasionally i would bump the vent doors with my feet, but not an issue. And i prefer to position feet more in the middle vs forward anyway. And now i have the vent doors removed. I love them!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will regret not buying moco version but went with mutzuzza (??) will get back to you all after installation... all good ship.:D i'll get back to you after install which is after install new radio, speakers and amp that have been sitting around for a couplea weeks now..

EDIT: stuttering.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I hve the vented lowers and run them all year.

I took the doors out for the summer, having them completely out give you a good bit of wind, while still knocking down the buffeting.

I took the off completely at the beginning of spring and quickly put them back on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts