Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've just posted my second post, so I'm new to this forum.

I finally found the thread about new bags on old bikes, so this leads to another question.

I have an '09 SERG O/B with the first year extended bags provided by a faux lower bolt-on.

I'm looking at upgrading my '09 SERG to the later single lever bags. I've found several sets for sale used that have the speakers in the lids, but are not extended bags.

Do they make a lower faux extension that will fit the +'14 bags?

My thought is that if I buy the SESG that I'll be spending way too much money and then having them painted to match my bike will just be over the top for my budget. I don't NEED the +'14 bags, but I WANT them, so getting them on the cheap is my goal. I'm guessing that the paint will more than the bags. :(

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day.

Dan

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
There's a few companies that make them. With or without led lights. Ciro and Kuryakyn are the most popular and have LEDs in them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a few companies that make them. With or without led lights. Ciro and Kuryakyn are the most popular and have LEDs in them.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Bolt on extensions? I know they used to. Haven't seen them on the p&a site. Don't mean they're not there.
I thought they did for the older models when I was looking..but you're right I dont see em now..I was looking at some on ebay that got good reviews for paint match also..but you need "old" colors...so yes...$$$ for the SERG paint match!!

Good Luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts