Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I havn't paid enough attention to the lowers on my fork legs and they look like arse. What can safely use to get them back to looking good again?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
stock lowers are aluminum with a clear coat over them, after time they get hit with rocks and the clear chips and the aluminum turns color, there are many options, powder coat, chrome, or if your adventurous and patient you can pull the wheel and fender off and sand the clear off and polish them up, its time consuming but they look awesome once you do it, then they only require a little metal polish and wax every so often. There are a bunch of links (I'm not sure if its ok to place them here) google is your friend.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah, Florida air is hard on aluminum. I sanded and polished a set of lowers one winter to pass the time. Looked pretty good but took some time. I have a set of stock lowers that have 5 miles on them that I'd let go cheap if you are interested

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Flitz & 000 steel wool rub @ till black then polish off the Al, better if clear off 1st, this is an old method, repeat every season

1 - 5 of 5 Posts