Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the speakers in the lowers have the same effect as putting them in the lower fairing? ie J&M xt's with 500 wattt amp in the lowers or something in the inner fairing with hawg tune amp.and if I put speakers in the lower fairing how do I connect them?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would do the inner fairings if not both. I just finished mine yesterday and it is a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Doctor mike if you can stand the heat in Texas (with the lowers) do both you won't be disappointed. Where are you in Texas?

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I would do both, but if you have to make a choice, do the inner fairing. To hook up the speakers in the lowers you will end up drilling 3 holes in the engine guard, 1 in the middle and 1 on each side to pull the wire through.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have both on my rg. I had the inner speakers first and then I added lowers and the lowers cut down on the buffing a lot so I added speaker to my lowers and disconnected my inner speakers. Adding the inner speakers really helped the sound a lot but having 6 6.5's up front was a over kill.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I,m in wichita falls.just getting ready for next round of mods later and the radio needs help.just woundering which would be easier and sound the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts