Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
4. I did mine too. Lol. And yep it’s tedious. But worth it.

I was given a tip. Only undo the front oil line. Take off the oils fill cap and blow air through the front oil line clearing all the oil out. Otherwise you’ll have a hell of a mess. Ask me how I know that. Lol.
You was #1 of the three...LOL. I knew you did yours.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
For you cats that did your lowers, did you get the top gasket (not the bottom rubber one) from Harley or go after market?
Pick my brain why don’t you. Pretty sure I got mine from Harley, unless they was part of the FM kit But I’m thinking they wasn’t.

Edit. Cometic gaskets came from FM kit

Reactions: craigffb

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Pick my brain why don’t you. Pretty sure I got mine from Harley, unless they was part of the FM kit But I’m thinking they wasn’t.

Edit. Cometic gaskets came from FM kit
Cool. I was looking today and most of the aftermarket ones come in twos for the same price as H-Ds 1, at least as far as I can tell the part number is only one.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Cool. I was looking today and most of the aftermarket ones come in twos for the same price as H-Ds 1, at least as far as I can tell the part number is only one.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Pretty sure the lower rubbers where individually bought from HD. Their gaskets are stupid priced. Primary cover was $50ish I think

21 - 29 of 29 Posts