Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, just bought a new RGC and figured this was best place to get some answers. The first thing I'm adding is 2" lowered monotubes and blacked out front end. Couple questions though after getting hassled from the dealer.

1) Are there any problems running at 2" lowered in the front with stock wheels? Planning on changing to a 21 later when funds recover.

2) After reading a ton of posts here, I still can't figure out if the bike will be good to go on the stock kickstand after being lowered or is there something I'm missing. I know it's gonna sit upright a little more but is it so much that it's unsafe?

Appreciate the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jaystew, WELCOME!! About your monotubes...I'm running the same setup 2" lower with a stock wheel for now. absolutely no problems. you may scrape your floorboards more often, but it's not an issue. As for the kickstand, I went with a Arlen Ness 1" lower stand. the bike sat straight up with out it unless you turn the front wheel into the stand. just more comfortable with the shorter stand. just do it !!I think you'll like it:)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Loosen the bolts holding the kickstand bracket(3 I think??), take the lower one completely out and put about 3 5/16 flat washers behind the bracket at the lower bolt. This will angle the bracket slightly, raising the end of the kickstand about an inch. Play with the number of washers till you're happy with the lean angle.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I've been running monotubes at -2" for about 1-1/2 years, mostly with 21" wheel, no problems at all, bike does stand up more, you should be ok as long as you don't park with your wheel turned right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it guys. That's all I needed to know. I'm addicted to the forum and checking out the scoots. The stealer tried to tell me you can't go 2" without a 21 and the kickstand won't work. I'll ride it back up there when I'm done with I'm all!

·
Registered
398 Posts
thats what i am talking about >>>ingenuity at work <<<< may have to try this in the future, 5/16 washer kick the stand out a bit at bottom >>>>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts