Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 roadglide and sent my rear shocks to Phoenix customs (bitchin baggers) to have my shocks lowered from 13 inches to 11 1/4. They did an awesome job! The bike looks great and keeping the shocks as original air use was a huge plus. 175.00 was so worth the money. I recommend them to everyone!

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
How is the ride with them being lowered? Do you have any before and after pics of the bike?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ride is noticeably better. Especially in cornering. Sorry I'll try and get pictures up. I have 12 inch apes and it really looks great w the rear end dropped!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My shocks were 13 inches from eye toe eye. I was told by the Phoenix custom guy that on some of the road gildes Harley used the standard shocks that are the same ones used on the street glides which was what was on my bike.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I also have the HD premium shocks,i find the ride pretty harsh even on the lowest setting,my next mod will be the DIY air shocks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The air shocks on my 2013 RGC are also 13" eye to eye but I'm also 6'4" with a 40" inseam so I kinda like the extra leg room. But the ride is so harsh on those stock air shocks I just ordered 13" Progressive 444s. Every one I spoke to before ordering said the shocks were 12". Go figure :eek:

·
Registered
600 Posts
The air shocks on my 2013 RGC are also 13" eye to eye but I'm also 6'4" with a 40" inseam so I kinda like the extra leg room. But the ride is so harsh on those stock air shocks I just ordered 13" Progressive 444s. Every one I spoke to before ordering said the shocks were 12". Go figure :eek:

You will see a great improvement with the 444's verses stockers. Just get the sag set right and it's pretty smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts