Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Among my first modifications will be progressive monotubes with a 2 inch drop. I'm short and I like the look. I do plan to ride 2 up atleast 50% of the time and a king tourpak is in my near future. I also plan to do a 21 inch front wheel. For the rear lowering I'm looking to go with a set of bitchin baggers lowered shocks. Everyone on here says to lower the rear to match the front. Is that true? What length shock would that be? BB says that their most popular drop for 2 up riding with a tourpak are 11.25 inches. What say you?

*Edit--forgot to mention I'm 180 wife is 145.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I installed monotubes for 1'' drop, got 1.5'' instead. I added 11.5 progressive 412s to level things out.Great ride,rarely bottom out,handles much better than stock

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have Bitchin Bagger 11 in shocks to level my ride, I run a 21/17 combo with a 2 in drop up front. The shocks work great no bottoming out issues, i ride 2 up a lot with a detach king tour pack. Phoenix custom was quick with the turn around and customer service is excellent. Hope this helps, I have pics in my album.

·
Registered
155 Posts
A friend of mine gets dealer prices,Ipaid $220 for the 412's.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, thats a hell of a deal. Do they make the 412 in an 11 or is 11.5 it? Can you buddy get the deal again or is that just for his close friends? :)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Very interested in this thread. I'm buying a 21 inch rim tomorrow and know I need to lower the front back to stock but I am concerned about lowering the back. I'm not a small man.

Richie you'll be very happy with the 412's. Several buddies have them and love it. Rarely complain of bottoming out. But they are your size. I'm 6'2 315lb. :eek:

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm pretty much on the fence about bitchin baggers and a set of 412 progressives. HDP has good prices on the progressives to make them competitive with BB. Looks like its the pre set pre load adjustment settings vs full adjustability with lower air shocks. There is also the fact to consider that the shortest 412 is 11.5 inches. If I wanted to come all the way down on the monotubes that would be a 2 inch drop and require 11 inch shocks in back to level out. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Shipping makes the deal not so sweet, it's good locally. I would hate to abuse a friends good will. I don't have any good pics, not sure they would help, my rg's a '04, different frame. My monotube install resulted in 1.5'' drop up front,don't know why, I was trying for 1''.11.5's in rear leveled things out. I weigh 270 and carry a lot of stuff in tourpack and saddlebags, takes a big hit to bottom out shocks, no rubbing. I'm om first click of preload on the heavy duty 412's. 2'' drop would look good but I didn't want to risk frequent bottoming out and rubbing. I scrape floorbroards pretty often as it is.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear you. HDP has the 412s for like 200 bucks so there is a good deal to be had there. I'm thinking 2 inch drop with monotubes. 1.5 inch drop in rear. 21/17 wheel combo eventually and play with tire sizes to level things out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts