Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im SHORT!! Sick of tiptoeing. I just installed 994s to my 2010 FLTRX with an 18 inch rear wheel and 21 up front!!
Is it ok to run these with lowering blocks???
I need to get lower.
I am installing new monotubes for the front next week after Bike Week, so that will help some.

please help!!!!

Boudie

·
Registered
614 Posts
Im not a fan of lowering blocks.

But if you do use them be sure to check your tire to fender clearance. if it rubs you may tear out the wiring.

the total travel for the 940 is about 3.25 inso measure your clearance with the block installed to be safe.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
ive used lowering blocks for 20k miles without issues. the biggest thing is to make sure theres enough clearance between tire and fender

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,941 Posts
Boudie - you have 944s? I called PS just a week ago and inquired about the difference between the 940 and 944 and checked availablity, and was told it would be 90 days/June before they shipped. I assumed that was going to be their first true production run, but maybe they've already sold so many that they're in a lengthy back order situation. I chose to order the 940s and hope I'm not giving up much to the 944s. I know I saved some decent money.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
If height was a problem, why did you go with an 18" rear instead of 17 or staying 16. A 200-50x17 is actually 3/4" lower than the stock 16 rear

Ricky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts