Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a lowering kit on their Road Glide? I have a 2009 FLTR and would like to achieve the ride height of an FLTRX at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I use a set of lowering blocks which lower the rear an inch. Cost me about $90. Very easy to do with a m/c jack. It will change the shock angle a lil bit but ive had them on for about 20k miles and havent noticed any difference. The front though is stock height.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I installed a Burley Slammer kit (10.5 rear shocks and drop for front) on my RGU and it felt like a hardtail. Try the FLTRX 12" shock as a start. Plenty of used ones around to try.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I've had my eye a set of LA Choppers lowering blocks. I didn't think to look on e-bay. I'll try that a try.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lowering

On my 2012 RGU I put the one inch shorter H/D shocks in the back and the progressive drop ins in the front that lowered it about 1.25". It has a much better ride and not spongy like stock. It stopped the nose dive on hard braking. The only drawback is adjusting the rear shock from 20 psi. to 40 or 45 psi. when riding two up or with a heavy load. This shifted some of the weight forward and made it more comfortable for me to ride because I am short guy with a 30" inseam.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed a Burley Slammer kit (10.5 rear shocks and drop for front) on my RGU and it felt like a hardtail.
I was considering installing the Burley Slammer it on my Street Bob before I sold it.
Try the FLTRX 12" shock as a start. Plenty of used ones around to try.
I had also considered that option as well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I bought a set off e-bay 17.90 delivered lowers 1-3 inches works good for me
Mike
I've seen these and am considering it. Do you ride two up? I weight about 175 and my wife 100 even. Do you think dropping 2" will make me bottom out on the fender?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Moved to the correct subforum

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Try the 12" FLTRX shocks. IMO, the lowering blocks change the angle & shocks don't work correctly!!!!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
x4. 12" Street glide or RG Custom shocks can be found very cheap as many people upgrade to Progressives.
Last summer at Sturgis Rally, the Progressive guys were set up at Rapid City HD, and had a pile of HD Air shocks in a box at the front of their booth, and were just going to be throwing them away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts