Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lowered there rear? I am thinking about dropping it an inch and was curious what brand you went with if you did lower your bike. For those that have lowered it an inch, do you scrape your stretched bags? I'm not that aggressive on the corners so I think I might be okay. Also be curious as to how the suspension feels once you dropped it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went with the 940 Progressive shocks and the Monotube forks. I lower the rear by a 1".
I lower the front a 1". So far, I like the ride of the bike. One thing that, I had done was to have the spring change in the rear shock. To a liter spring because of my weight.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Skidplates are your friend...lol :D
Ive scrapped several times as well as Frankie. We are both running Arnott Aldan air ride. He bought the Bad Dad skid plates and then made a set for mine. You can take a look at them both in Daytona.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I used lowering blocks to drop it 1". I dont have stretched bags so i dont know about scraping them. Im pretty aggressive in the twistys and never touched paint. I havent noticed a ride difference in the 20k miles ive had the blocks. Some people like the blocks some dont. If you plan on dropping it lower than an inch id use different shocks IMO.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have skid plates on my bags now. Had my maintenance guys at work cut me some stainless to place at the bottom. I don't think I would go,any lower than 1'inch

·
Registered
453 Posts
We install a lot of the Arlen Ness lowering links, you can lower one or two inches with them. IMO the two inch drop changes the angle of the shock about as far as you would want to before changing to different shocks. The links are very solid and we have not had any complaints about them...

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I have skid plates on my bags now. Had my maintenance guys at work cut me some stainless to place at the bottom. I don't think I would go,any lower than 1'inch
For just 1" lower id try the blocks for about $80. If you start grabbing the pavement then youre only out the $80 instead of 4 or 500+ for a set of shocks but this is only my opinion:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
cheap kit

I used this a cheap kit that goes 1 inch to 3 inch lower set mine at 2 inches no problems under 30 bucks ebay

Attachments

Reactions: Slider812

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been running the Road 6 customs lowering kit for about 3k miles now on the 2" setting. It did stiffen the ride but I'm a large guy so it's actually been good for me. No issues so far.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used this a cheap kit that goes 1 inch to 3 inch lower set mine at 2 inches no problems under 30 bucks ebay
Yup just used the same kit on my bike with same setting, no issues and at 30.00 on Ebay they're great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts