Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum and new to my 06RG. Came from rigid bobber land. Im looking to lower my Road Glide. Not a little bit, but as much as I can safely do. No i don't want it to ride like a rigid either. I've read on the other threads the Burly 10.5 inch shock will get it done but the ride is bad. From what i understand the biggest concern is a wiring harness under the fender. Is there a way to relocate it ? Just looking for some help to have that low mean look. I'm well over 6 foot so riding stance is not the issue. Thanks all !!!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
you can only go so low or you bottom out , if you want to go low and still ride good I'd contact Howard at Motorcyclemetals a forum sponsor and get a set of Ohlins 2-2a , they have a 83mm stroke so you will get a great ride , the shocks are 12 1/8" long but when you set the sag they will sit at 11" so it will give you a low look and improve your ride , they run with forum discount in the high $500 price range , closer to $600

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks, I appreciate it. I guess the dumb question would be how do all these baggers get so low ? low profile tires ?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Great thanks, I appreciate it. I guess the dumb question would be how do all these baggers get so low ? low profile tires ?
Air ride is how. they lower em to the ground for parking and air back up when riding.
another option is the Baggerwerx, Baggernation/ Baggerwerx, or FBI drop seat kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts