Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I was considering switching out the stock air adjustable shocks for a set of Burly 10.5 lowering shocks. Just wondering if anyone has any positive or negative feedback on these Burly brand shocks. Thanks for yer input!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was at Progressive Suspension and they had the Burley Suspension in their showroom and the address is right next door so Id bet they are made by Progressive. At that price point they are probably about the same shock quality as the progressive 412 which is an entry level shock.

At 10.5" they can only have about 1" of travel or your tire is going to hit the inside of the rear fender because the shortest compressed length that you can safely go is about 9.5". So with only 1" of travel handling has to suffer.

Id call them directly and ask and Id also call Progressive if it is a different Tech Line and ask them their opinion since they are both being sold out of the same showroom

Reactions: Smarty

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tried them on mine.....looked great but rough as a night in jail!! I swapped em out for a bag kit. I get the look I want through town and just hit the compressor when I'm putting on the miles. Best of both worlds. In my opinion anyway....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys! ...I'll look into it alittle deeper before I pull the trigger. Just tryin to get flat-footed while straddling the bike, which is why I'm lookin to lower her a bit and prolly end up sending in my seat to Mean City Cycles to get shaved down a bit as well. This shock/seat combo of change should hopefully do the the trick.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
They are made by Progressive and rebranded. I ran them on my Wide Glide for awhile. Not a bad shock, but you loose some comfort and ride quality due to the shorter suspension travel. But they held up great and definitely accomplished the goal of lowering. I was able to run 2 up fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a set of lowering shocks from Bumpus Harley in Collierville TN. on my bike right now. I purchased the bike from a shorter man. I would like to go back to the stock air shocks if you are interested in trading. I am taller than the previous owner and need the extra height. email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have a set of lowering shocks from Bumpus Harley in Collierville TN. on my bike right now. I purchased the bike from a shorter man. I would like to go back to the stock air shocks if you are interested in trading. I am taller than the previous owner and need the extra height. email me at [email protected]
That sounds like a hell of a deal!

I just sold a set of the burly shocks for a friend. He had them on for less than 200 miles. He has the low rider fat boy I posted in the classifieds, so he fine with losing a little ride for looks. They sure didn't last long in his bike.

·
Registered
483 Posts
PM Sent

Johnzz1420, I sent you a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts