Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can u put 11 inch shocks on a road glide with a 18 inch wheel with 1 inch lowering blocks without scrubbing

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did u ever find an answer I'd like to know too.....?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would also like to know. I have an 07 RG with an 18" rear wheel. I need to lower it, but I ride 2up and loaded alot. I don't want to bottom out. I looked at the progressive 940's. They sound like they have the travel of a 13" in. with the ride height of a 12" shock. Sorry I couldn't help more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I heard about a place called Bitchin Baggers that will rebuild your OEM shocks to 11 1/2 in. Has anyone heard of them, good or bad?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a '05 and my combo is 21/18. At first I've tried the lowering blocks with stock suspension and removed them due to rubbing. I placed a set of Burly Slammer, :eek: WHAT A MISTAKE!!! I felt like I was riding a hardtail and as for the front, could not lean in curves due to excessive bouncing. My new configuration is Drop-ins monotube and a set of 940's rear :cool: lets see how that works. I ride 2-up alot and love cross country, got to keep the misses comfy and keep my sanity if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same wheel setup. How tall are you and did you get the 13in 940's?
I'll be using the the 13s. Progressive informed me that the 13s will drop your bike approximately 1" but keeping the feel and travel of stock. We'll see.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I heard about a place called Bitchin Baggers that will rebuild your OEM shocks to 11 1/2 in. Has anyone heard of them, good or bad?
Have them and love them. If they bottom out, it's on the shock and not the fender. No worry about the wires rubbing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I used to own a softail that I installed a rear lowering kit on. The bike looked really KOOL slammed. But rode terrible. Bottomed out over the littlest bumps. Changed to geometry of the front end also. Basically the ride SUCKED. Tried to raise the back end back up with the adjustable lowering kit. Raised it all the way. The ride still SUCKED. Lowering a bike you have to do the front and back suspension at the same time. On the downside you will loose your lean angle and will not be able to lay the bike over in corners very far. In my opinion it may look Kool, but the negatives will out weigh everything else. I will never lower another bike ever.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just picked up and came back after a long ride on the drop-in. Love the 940's but at a 2" drop on the front, I seem to get a knocking sound on the rebound. I have to call progressive to see if that is normal. Although, I love the feel on the front.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used the moco 1" lowering kit for the front and 1" Pingel blocks in the rear. Installed a Klockwerks fender and custom paint. 2 weeks after I got done with the paint I hit a pot hole and bottomed out the front fender on the crash bar. :mad: the dent is the size of a fifty cent piece, it sucked bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts