Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rg is an 08 have a nice pair of lowers. thought i could just cut the ears off and mount them upper fairing is too low. what are my options for putting the lowers on?

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
There are a lot of threads on this subject but you need to replace your upper fairing brackets with the 2010 brackets to use the vented fairing lowers. The 2010 bracket will raise the upper fairing and tilt it back some and they were designed so the vented fairing lowers could be installed on the RG.
The 2010 RG was the first year RG that had the vented fairing lowers, 2009 and earlier models need non-vented fairing lowers that were RG specific.
The 2010 brackets don't cost too much you will need the main fairing bracket that attaches to the frame and the left/right fairing support brackets that attach to the crash bar.
I did this mod to my 2008 FLTR and it is well worth it. JMO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.
I have looked at others with the same question. It seems that most of the answers are the same, need to change the brackets. Which brackets are needed? As I see it I would need the 2 brackets off the crash bar and the inner fairing bracket. Are there any options other than going to Harley dealer? I have looked at some other sites but couldn't find the brackets.
Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I see a lot of people on www.choppedbaggers.com sell the brackets when they go to big wheels or get rid of the crash bars, I've also seen them a lot on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts