Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

few questions, researched and talked to Stealership and a price tag of 1000 turned into 2000,

so trying to do lower set up on my RGC 110th anni, with speakers

Was told Hog tunes woofer set wont clear my stock heavy breather (with long filter) so was going to go with shorter filter, was then told that I will still rub. I know it will be tight fit, but has anyone tried this and can say for sure it wont work?

Also was told the lowers wont get painted by harley, they will be painted by a third party that they deal with.. so my bike will need to be in the shop to allow for the painter to match the paint.. was also told there are no pin strips on the lowers for my bike...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Agree, get Harley to do it. Or hope for best. I have seen some look good and others, the difference was obvious.

As to the stripe on the lowers, that is correct as I have been told and seen on the road. The lower paint on the upper fairing is used. In my case, my lowers being painted starburst black (no white pearl).

I did see a member here that recently had 3d party paint his lowers to match the scheme on the upper fairing. Looked sharp. Cat whiskers and all from the 13s.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Agree on getting painted parts from HD. Your heavy breather with the long or compact filter will not work with fairing lower speakers, you will need to go with a different air cleaner set up. Check with PC Pain for the best prices on HD and aftermarket parts, he will save you a lot of money compared to your local dealer.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Agree on getting painted parts from HD. Your heavy breather with the long or compact filter will not work with fairing lower speakers, you will need to go with a different air cleaner set up. Check with PC Pain for the best prices on HD and aftermarket parts, he will save you a lot of money compared to your local dealer.

+1, I forgot to add that. I went with RSD nostalgia Venturi to match my horn but lots of nice ones out there.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Hey guys,

few questions, researched and talked to Stealership and a price tag of 1000 turned into 2000,

so trying to do lower set up on my RGC 110th anni, with speakers

Was told Hog tunes woofer set wont clear my stock heavy breather (with long filter) so was going to go with shorter filter, was then told that I will still rub. I know it will be tight fit, but has anyone tried this and can say for sure it wont work?

Also was told the lowers wont get painted by harley, they will be painted by a third party that they deal with.. so my bike will need to be in the shop to allow for the painter to match the paint.. was also told there are no pin strips on the lowers for my bike...
too much money. i had joe from xtreme dimension (http://www.xtremedimension.com/) paint my lowers for me. i had the denim black ones left over from my 2010. the stock harley lowers for the 2013 cvo is a solid burnt emerald. he would have done that for $350. but i decided to go with the 'themed' paint, which was a lot more work, that was $600. the burnt emerald set were over $800 from harley.

i have the shorter filter on mine now. it absolutely will not fit with speakers. not and still look good anyway. you can make anything fit with a knife :D

you can also find xtreme dimension on facebook

note that there is only about 1/4'' clearance between the filter end and the door here:

and this is just a better pic of the lowers :D :

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
thanks..

joe does great work. and if you already have lowers, or can get some cheap joe can hook you up with a great paint job. he can also do some kind of 'theme' to blend them in with the rest of your bike.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The CVO paint schemes are not an in-house Harley product, they are done by an outside vendor. It is very possible the dealer can not get the correct painted lowers for your year and that is why he stated they will need to use a third party painter.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The CVO paint schemes are not an in-house Harley product, they are done by an outside vendor. It is very possible the dealer can not get the correct painted lowers for your year and that is why he stated they will need to use a third party painter.

Correct, but only designated vendors have the "true" paint. He has a 13. Gunslinger or whoever should have the paint. Earlier models might require paint matching by another vendor. Or if you want something different.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Go with Joe at Xtremedimensions like posted above. I sent him a side cover and he did a perfect match on my stretched bags. Even with the marbling in the small areas.

Good price also. These are the CVO style stretched bags by Eastern. Joe did a whole package for me. Bought/painted and shipped for just under $1300.

and here's a close up of the bag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts