Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing same as my SGS? Loosen (do not remove) screws, gently remove stocker and replace with LRS being careful not to overtighten? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Unless LRS has changed the mounting holes, I have to remove the screws completely to install my LRS. I swap between a KlockWerks during the summer, which has factory mounting holes (Just back out screws 1/4 inch) to a LRS during the winter.
I will add the LRS holes are not exactly in the correct location, to simply start the screws. I need to flex the shield to start the screws, just be careful not to cross thread the aluminum screws. But the price was right for the LRS, so I overlook those issues

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
My first LRS has the slots like stock and has a tendency to move in just speeds since it is 16". My 10" and 13" have just oval holes to help with alignment.

I definitely recommend the 3 piece trim when going taller than the stock Road Glide shield.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
It will take you two minutes to put the LRS shield on

Remove the screws

Put the shield on and don’t over tighten it screws

That’s it

Swomack

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just put a LRS on my bike. Holes lined up perfect and install didn’t take but a few minutes. Best of all the 11 inch Stingray was perfect for my 5’7” on a stock Ultra seat. Probably go an inch lower on anew seat and still be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Mine looked like they don't line up at all. But as you curve it into place it fits good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just installed my 10" stingray. It fits well. Not as happy with the color of their dark smoke vs the klockwerks but at a 1/4 the price I will deal with it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easy peasy another pair of hands to flex is helpful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts