Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently after they were sold. Yes, no longer charge for shipping and they are using a higher quality material to justify the price. Hopefully they’ll still have some steep sales.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I seen that. I was gonna pick up another one but went ahead and bought a klock Werx instead because of the price raise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Still some of the better prices out there. I have a feeling they'll still run some good sales.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Hopefully the quality will increase with the new pricing. I'll wait until some of the newer ones hit the market and see what the reviews are. Hopefully the new reviews are better than the current " it's a good shield for what I paid for it".

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
I have there shields on all 3 Glides, actually mistakenly ordered 2 during their last sale. I’ve had good luck with them, the last shield I cracked by doing something stupid. There is a very slight visual flaw near the bend in the shield, other than that great shield and can’t be beat price wise.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I agree. I am quite happy with mine. Though I haven't tried others. But why spend the money if I'm already happy with I have. Now I can spend it on something else for the bike.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yeah I saw where a few were unhappy with their service but I have 2 of their shields and am happy with both of them. Pretty economical to purchase, and I really can’t tell any difference with more expensive shields. The tall one on the Road Glide now had gotten pretty scratched up but cleaned up beautifully with a few rounds of plastic polish.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Apparently after they were sold. Yes, no longer charge for shipping and they are using a higher quality material to justify the price. Hopefully they’ll still have some steep sales.
I just looked on their web page and I'm not seeing doubled prices. :nerd:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just looked on their web page and I'm not seeing doubled prices. :nerd:
I could be wrong but I don’t remember RG windshields being $150

·
Registered
540 Posts
I sense a very large drop off in orders until they run a sale again.... they might have shot themselves in the foot there!! Either that, or they purposely did that to catch up on their backlog!!

I'm pretty sure that is the standard/normal price. They just have sales all the time, so when you see the regular prices it seems high.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure that is the standard/normal price. They just have sales all the time, so when you see the regular prices it seems high.
Craig I paid $79 less 20% in November for my Thresher when I bought my new Glide. With shipping it came to $74. Hopefully they have some steep discounts in the future.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Between my OEM, and LRS 10", 13", 16" shields I think I am covered for as long as I own a Road Glide.

I wondered what they were going to do under the new ownership.

When the weather is warm enough I definitely prefer the OEM shield and my head being in the clean air above the bike.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Craig I paid $79 less 20% in November for my Thresher when I bought my new Glide. With shipping it came to $74. Hopefully they have some steep discounts in the future.
+1...That's what I paid. Yes they (LRS) had them "on sale", but hell I never remember their shields on sale. As other have stated, hopefully prices will fall once they (LRS) see a drop in sales. The main reason I've chosen LRS was their price, I would buy 3 various sizes all at once.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The quality of LRS (easily scratched/misaligned mounting holes) was overlooked at the price point. I even picked up a 16" for single digits riding for $30.00 during their warehouse sale.
Having to polish out the scratches every 6 months is acceptable for a $50-$60 shield, but I also have a short KlockWerks shield and there is no comparison between the two other than they are windshields.

That said, I wish the new owner/owners the best and hope the new material ups the quality

·
Registered
491 Posts
Have to say, I am pretty amazed at the level of animosity over windshields. Its a windshield man, its still under $200 shipped, lets take it down a notch.

Some of us had bad experiences, some of us love the product. None of us have to be wrong. Both realities can exist together.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When did they change owners? I just checked my invoice from January 18 and my Thresher had a regular price of $144. With 40% deal and free shipping it was under $87 to my door. Mine fits well and has held up fine after a year.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have been happy with my LRS. I bought it during a sale and got a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Jos A. Bank of windshields?...lol...

everyone got so used to the "sale" price..even a sale off a sale price..now theres a big question mark at the higher price...tough spot...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Subscribed...I am looking to purchase another one and wondering what the sale prices will look like now that they are changing production...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts