Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone's thoughts on this windshield. I like the look but want to know how it handles on the interstate. I currently run a 12" KW but do not get the wind protection I expect. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had the 13 inch on dark tent on my bike for about 20 minutes. HATED it. Ugly as hell, fell right into my line of sight, and was way to dark to ride after sundown. Worst $100+ I've spent on motorcycle parts to date.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had the 13 inch on dark tent on my bike for about 20 minutes. HATED it. Ugly as hell, fell right into my line of sight, and was way to dark to ride after sundown. Worst $100+ I've spent on motorcycle parts to date.

I feel the same way with the 11 inch .

·
Registered
967 Posts
Have run three different windshields including LSR no one have stop the wind buffering. Many said Madstad, very ugly but work the best. Leaning torque one soon. Hope the fourth one is the charm.
At my age just like comfort over beauty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I really like mine. I'm 6'0' and have a 14' light tint on an '09 RG. I look well over it, have no buffeting, and can hear the stock stereo at 90 mph. It's perfect for me.
I do run lowers however. No other doo dads.
I think the light tint is the way to go. It's dark enough but I can see though it coming up my goat path of a driveway.
I'd buy the same thing again.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I don't really care for the look on mine, but I like the function. I have the dark tint & look over it with no problem. I too can hear my stock stereo w/ Boom speakers at 80mph with no problems. The re-curve throws the wind up and over (I'm about 5'10" w/ a Mustang wide tripper solo.......
Unfortunately, windshields are very hard to dial in........everyone seems to experience something different.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I have the LRS Mako light tint, I believe 12", I'm 5'8", I didn't like it first because I thought it blocked too much air, but now I've grown accustomed to it, I always liked the way it looks.
Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm really pleased with the 11" Mako on my '08. I'm 6'-0", riding on an OEM Ultra seat, and it really does the trick for me. I now wear an open face helmet without any face shield, even in a light-to-moderate rain -- and I can wear my prescription eyeglasses without having them dance around my face. I can clearly hear the stereo at any speed, an option I never really appreciated before! I can also hear my wife yapping at me from behind, so it's not all good...

I do run lowers (hogg chopps), Sancho's wings and the HD wind deflectors that mount over the crash bars under the fairing, so there is some additional air deflection going on besides the windshield, but the package really works.

I didn't care for the looks initially (I always hated the looks of any windshield), but it's really grown on me. I think it looks as good or better than most any other option out there, at least those that actually do offer some protection.

There are some pics of my setup in this LINK to a earlier thread...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I run the mako 12 inch dark tint on mine with a tallboy seat and no wind problems. I love their shields and the way they look and wouldn't give it up for anything else out there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
13" in light tint on mine. I'm 6' with a 34 inseam. Stock seat. I can look over it no problem. I can look through it if need be. Nicest looking shield? Nope. But it works quite well for me. Do a lot of 2up riding also and 3 trips last year along with 4 planned for this year. Wife (she's 5'6") doesn't complain about wind, good thing or I'd leave her at home and go alone.:D

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Anyone have any feedback on how it works on the interstate. Does it push you around behind 18 wheelers? My KW does a decent job but sucks blocking the wind.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The little duck flip at the top works decent tossing the wind over you but I do get a little more turbulence when behind a truck than I did with the 12' KW I had on the bike. That thing was pretty worthless for anything other than looks though. Might as well not even had a windshield on the bike.

·
Registered
657 Posts
mako windshield

i tried 14 clear-5,10-32 inseam-looked through top edge-felt like a stock shield-run madstad 13- no more changes-mako 14 clear-50.00&shipping--12 kw lt tint-50.00&shipping-diesel5

·
Registered
376 Posts
I believe I have a 14" dark tint Mako. I really like it. It's not as cool looking as the short KW or HD one, but it works great. I'm 6' and can clearly see over it. The best part was the customer service. I wasn't exactly sure what to order after all the threads I read so I called the place and want to say I talked to John, not sure though. Anyways he asked me where I was looking with the stock wind sail on my Ultra and recommended the 14" for me. I really like it, I look over it by about 2" and it really cuts down the buffeting to about none, it just tustles the hair on the top of my head. Like I said I really like it, and if you don't like it, leave the plastic on it and send it back for a refund which is pretty cool. And I know for HD Forums members they give a 20% discount. I'd give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

Oh, and on the interstate it does real well. Helps you cut through the wind a lot better, especially when passing trucks. Also, I had tried HD's 12" flared shield, it was terrible, ran all the air straight into my face.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love my 12" medium tint.
I sit on a stock seat and I can see over it no problem.
Protection is phenomenal.
Nice quiet pocket to sit in for the rider. Made my stock stereo seem like it was upgraded -- I could finally hear the damn thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lrs

I run a 13. I'm 6'2. I also run Sancho wings. This combo works for me and then some. Customer service is second to none. Last three bikes all had LRS shields, will continue to use their products.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
lrs mako

i have a 14 clear mako-60.00 plus shipping--eventually you will get to a madstad wether you like the look or not.i think they look awesome,but then i never did care what the masses thought ---diesel5

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am 6' and run the 13" medium tint and love it had it on a 3k mile trip and had no complaints. I like the look of it better than all the others, just me plus as stated the customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Had the 14 on mine, light tint, and liked it but it beat the wife up pretty bad. Yesterday I put on a madstad 14.5 and now I realize how much wind I was getting. The madstad is fugly but man does it work, still dialing it in but 75 on the highway felt like 35 on a side road. Bite the bullet and get the madstad.

Jay

1 - 20 of 27 Posts