Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I am ordering a LRS Mako as soon as I decide on the tint. I am torn between the dark tint and the medium tint.

I don't do a lot of night riding due to night vision issues. I have seen the video on the LRS website but it is hard to compare the tint levels without seeing them side by side. I wish that LRS would take all 4 tint levels and put them against a known background and take a picture.

That being said, anyone go pics of the LRS in Dark and medium tint.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I think their tints run dark. I have a 14" light tint and I wouldn't want to look thru anything darker. Your results may vary. Call them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Also ran light tint and was darker that other light tints.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I agree with the previous 2 post, I have the light tint also, I'd consider it to actually be medium.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't have any personal experience, but I talked to a factory rep for one of the windshield manufactures, not LRS, and he said while the dark tint looks great, he personally didn't like it because he felt like he was always riding right behind a wall. Food for thought.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I had a light tint and agree it is equal to or darker that most other mfgr's medium. Ok if you always look over but riding on hills in the dark can be an issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with the others, the "light" tint is plenty dark enough for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I had a dark tint 12" Freedom Shield on my bike when I bought it. I liked the shield and the tint but unfortunately I needed something taller.

I ended up ordering the medium tint 14" LRS.

·
Registered
372 Posts
As I'm seriously considering getting a Freedom shield, just curious as to why you're going with the LRS instead of a taller Freedom shield?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
As I'm seriously considering getting a Freedom shield, just curious as to why you're going with the LRS instead of a taller Freedom shield?
The Freedom Shield I had was nice! Much thicker than the OEM and had a trim piece at the bottom. No shake or vibration at all.

The main reason for the LRS was cost. The same Freedom shield would have been $70 more plus shipping than I got the LRS for shipped.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts