Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it designed to be used with stock rubber trim or not ?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
When I had one, only sold it b/c it was too tall for me, but Yes, I did use the stock trim.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks man. Well here it is and I used the stock trim, fit fine. I'm 6'3 and got the 14" which is perfect height for me, bottom of nose level. Looks a helluva lot better than my other shield. We are having bad weather today but I had to try it out few a few miles. I'm pretty sure it cured most of my buffeting but hard to tell with 30 mph swirling winds.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Ran mine without any trim. In fact I have not used any trim since I got the CB well nut kit (raises the shield off the fairing a hair).

Loved my Mako... might have been a tad to tall and I really like the looks of the CB

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have 2, no trim used on either (for those wondering, 1 is a 16" for long distances with the warden as passenger, the other is a 13" for solo running).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well finally got to try out new shield. I'm 6'3 and the windshield height is perfect at 14". But I have bad news, the damn buffeting is worse than my Memphis 17" shield. Wore my Shoei Qwest full face this morning on way to work and the bobble head is headache bad. When I got today I threw on my novelty helmet and shades. Went for a spin and the ride was tolerable. Keep in mind I have a Le Pera daddy longs seat so I am lowered and back. Live the look and the fit is perfect,quality shield, no more floppy stock rubber trim. I hate to buy the Madstad but if it solves the bobble head issue so be it.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
You may need a little taller shield. I'm 6'-1" and also use the 14" Mako. I can see over it just fine, and have no buffeting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may need a little taller shield. I'm 6'-1" and also use the 14" Mako. I can see over it just fine, and have no buffeting.

You are probably right, when I raise up full stretch I could probably see over 18".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts