Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just purchased the LRS Mako 14" medium tint windshield for my 08. I'm 6'5" tall and really hope this one will be a lot better than the wind splitter 12" I currently have on there. Anyone around my height have one these they can comment on?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Send it back and get a madstad. I have a 14 windvest and the buffing sucks. I use it around town. I put my madstad on to a trip this week and I'm back in heaven.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, I hope I don't have to send it back. I have heard good things about the madstad though. Maybe later on I will get one of those also.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oh man, I hope I don't have to send it back. I have heard good things about the madstad though. Maybe later on I will get one of those also.
Don't drink the kool-aid!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have a 14" Mako. NO buffeting. I'm 6' and I run lowers. I think lowers make a major difference

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'm only 6.1 but I've been running a 13 inch dark mako for 2 years and have no desire to ever change except to my 12 inch dark one in the summer best shield on the market but that only my opinion. And their always running sales

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
LRS is a great company. You will be happy with the Mako... very well made shields.

And dont listen to the Madstad fanboys.... fucking ugliest thing Ive ever seen on a road glide. Might as well buy a goldwing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
And dont listen to the Madstad fanboys.... fucking ugliest thing Ive ever seen on a road glide. Might as well buy a goldwing.
I concur. Looks to me like a Klingon forehead, or maybe some 80's valley girl with her front bangs teased up 6".

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
LRS is a great company. You will be happy with the Mako... very well made shields.

The madstad is the ugliest thing made for the ugliest harley built but it works. You won't know how well it works unless you try it. Madstad gives you 60 days to try it out and if you don't like it send it back and get your money back. You can't go wrong with that.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I had a Madstad and it does work, but was just too ugly for me. I have a 14" dark Mako, GADS, and the HD deflectors that mount between the engine guard and fuel tank and I have zero buffeting.

I am 6'-1" so the 14" might be a little short for your height. I am tempted to try a shorter one for me just have not gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the informational replies guys. I have to agree with some of you guys, that madstad isn't exactly the best looking windshield, but to each his own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts