Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for pros and cons for each. Having a hard time choosing one or the other. From experience or feedback what do you think?
Thanks for your input.
Ironhorse
2015 RGS

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Looking for pros and cons for each. Having a hard time choosing one or the other. From experience or feedback what do you think?
Thanks for your input.
Ironhorse
2015 RGS
I had a LRS on my '11 and liked it. Deldago has it on his '13 now. Nice shield for the price. I have a Freedom shield on my '15. Over all quality is a lot better than the LRS and I though the LRS was a good shield. A little thicker which means less vibration, polished edges which give it a nice touch, and pretty much ZERO distortion through the recurve part of it which I cannot say is the same on the LRS. Freedom shield is much more money but IMO, worth every penny spent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did a lot of research on shields before selecting the Freedom shield. I cannot comment on the LRS shield as I never had one. I can only say that I have read a lot of comments on these shields on the various forums.

From my research Ohiobellboy is right. The quality difference in the shield is the difference. If you are on a tight budget the LRS will work well. If you can afford the Freedom shield you will be happier with the quality.

Have not heard anything bad about LRS in regard to customer service but I have read a lot of glowing reviews about John at Freedom shield. My dealings with John gave me the confidence in buying his product and I don't regret it one bit.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had a 14" LRS on my '09, and currently have a 13" Freedom on my '15 RGS. Both medium tint, and both worked well. The Freedom looks better and has no distortion in the recurve. If you can swing the price difference, go with the Freedom.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've tried the LRS and the Freedom. The quality of the Freedom is better. The material is thicker and the clarity is exceptional on the Freedom. I get a smoother air and better rain protection with the Freedom because it's wider at the top when compared to the LRS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lrs

I only can speak on the LRS have a dark tint LRS on my 2016 for the price I really like it. The dark looks good on denim black and can hear radio much better wind protection very good, yesterday I got caught in rain and ducked down behind it and keep rain from pelting my face. There is some distortion with curve but I can look through it just fine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the LRS, mainly because the deal I got was amazing. I haven't seen the Freedom in person but I did consider that one. I had a Klock Werks before this LRS shield, it was a major difference. Fitment on the LRS in my mind wasn't the greatest, had to get the window trim to help even out the clamping and get a better seating of the windshield. I told LRS about the fitment issue and they said they would refund me if I wanted to send it back.

Good luck on the decision...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have both. The LRS is my daily use, with the FS lined up for longer rides. Like has been mentioned, the FS is the better overall shield, ESPECIALLY when it comes to fitment & distortion. However, for the $86 sale price LRS currently have on the '15-newer Thresher and Stingray, it's easy to overlook the minor fitment/distortion issues. LRS has pretty solid customer service as well... had to send back the 1st one I ordered because it was too short for what I was looking for. No hassle, and even let me send an old license plate for their collection to cover the price difference in the sizes.

·
Registered
34 Posts

So I see you have both the Touring and the Sport. What are the differences? Which one do you like better of the two?

Thnx
The 2 Freedom shields I have are a 15" Sport and the 16" Touring. The sport has a narrower shape where as the tour shield stays wide right to the top. The sport is a little more appealing to look at but the tour version wins hands down for function. I am just in the process of changing seats and it may lower me a bit. If it does I may try a 14" tour.
Here is a picture from the front of the 16" tour and the 15" sport.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Another Freedom Shield fan here. Had a 16" on my '13 RGC. Now a 15" on my '16 RGU. Very pleased...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for all the input.
I went with the LRS 10" and took it out for a ride last night and have no complaints, I really like it.
Next time I may go with a Freedom but for now I'll stay with this.
Thanks again

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which LRS you go with, the stingray or the thrasher. Post some pics sometime.
I went with the Stingray. I think it blends in a little better with the faring. The other thing is my wife doesn't ride that much so I really didn't need the wind protection for the passenger the Thrasher gives.
Stingray is a little sportier and sleeker looking IMO
Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey @MontyMoose, that blackened Bike looks great!!!! Congrats man!!!
How high is your windshield?
Thanks, Diese! My signature picture shows my 18" Freedom Shield (medium tint).

Here's a picture with me sitting on her with the same shield on for reference (I'm 6'8", 34" inseam)

If you want I can take one with the 16" Stingray I currently have on her tomorrow.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thanks, Diese! My signature picture shows my 18" Freedom Shield (medium tint).

Here's a picture with me sitting on her with the same shield on for reference (I'm 6'8", 34" inseam)

If you want I can take one with the 16" Stingray I currently have on her tomorrow.
That will be very nice of you!!
Thank you so much I really appreciate it

·
Registered
225 Posts
That will be very nice of you!!
Thank you so much I really appreciate it
Sorry it took me longer than I intended to take these and get them uploaded.

You can see in this picture how the LRS logo isn't quite lined up with the centerline of the bike, the gap around the upper vent gasket, and on the left-side (in this view) how the edge of the shield sticks out more to that side.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts