Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the trigger on a set of Yaffe 12" OEM Monkey Bars. 4 weeks out and in the mean time I am getting ready for the install. Thanks everyone for the previous input on installing bars...especially to those that included pictures. I feel I can do this! I need some clarification on the wiring of the Yaffe.

1) Lube? I saw Baby Powder, WD, Tire grease, and KY mentioned by people as helping things go...uh...smoothly. So what is best????

2) Old Wiring Harness? Some left it in place others stripped it off and went with shrink tubing. If I can leave it on I'd like to, but if I must I will remove. So what do you think?

3)Snaking material? I saw someone use line that is used on weed eaters. What will make my install go easiest?

Since 2 have installed 12" OEMs with stock clutch and brake lines I am going that route.

Thanks for helping me out.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Personally I think you are over exagerating it. I used a large nut tied onto a string to drop thru and use as a pull string. I actually used 3 in the right bar and 1 or 2 in the left bar.

Some silicone spray shrink wrapped all of my connections and that was it. My bars are 16" but not Yaffee, mine are trask. It took a while and I had to do it twice becasuee the first time the TBW came alose inside the bars and I didnt know it until i buttoned everything back up and didnt get a response when I twsted the throttle.

Just take your time and it still will be painfull and you will probably curse them a few times but you will get over it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Pull Chain

Just remember he makes it a lot easier than it is, then again I kept my stock sheathing on. The push pull is a key and an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Personally I think you are over exagerating it. I used a large nut tied onto a string to drop thru and use as a pull string. I actually used 3 in the right bar and 1 or 2 in the left bar.

Some silicone spray shrink wrapped all of my connections and that was it. My bars are 16" but not Yaffee, mine are trask. It took a while and I had to do it twice becasuee the first time the TBW came alose inside the bars and I didnt know it until i buttoned everything back up and didnt get a response when I twsted the throttle.

Just take your time and it still will be painfull and you will probably curse them a few times but you will get over it.
I did the same thing. Every thing done except for putting the outer fairing back on. That little #[email protected]%!^ TBW connector . lol

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Just remember he makes it a lot easier than it is, then again I kept my stock sheathing on. The push pull is a key and an extra set of hands.
Yeah, he's running the wires sans sheath later on in another vid ... you'd never get sheathed wires through those bars, lol.

So you guys that had the TBW connection come apart in the bars - could you tape them to prevent that, or are the individual wires pulling out from the connectors?

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Yeah, he's running the wires sans sheath later on in another vid ... you'd never get sheathed wires through those bars, lol.

So you guys that had the TBW connection come apart in the bars - could you tape them to prevent that, or are the individual wires pulling out from the connectors?
Yea, I did use electracal tape on the little green connector and it still came apart the first time. It was getting late and well you know! lol . It went much better the next morning.

·
Registered
319 Posts

I taped them and then I crazy glued it together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts