Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra. Starting to do some customization, and installed a new Corbin seat along with passenger backrest. Anyway, I was thinking that for longer trips, I might need extra luggage if the wife is along, since all of "the stuff" may not fit in the tour pack and saddle bags. I know Harley has their luggage that you can attach to the rack on top of the tour pack, but it still is pretty small, plus in my opinion, kinda expensive with the HD logo that comes with it. Kuryakn has some luggage for the rack, just curious if there are any other suggestions out there that others have used. Thanks.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've found that if you don't mind semi wrinkled clothes, get some of the zip lock shrink bags. You can fit alot of stuff in them. Just load em up, zip em shut, pop open the one way valve, an roll all the air out of them. Then put them in your luggage, rack bag etc. They keep your clothes dry too, in the event you get caught in rain before you can get the rain cover on your rack bag. HD sells them too, but they are Harley expensive. I think I paid like $12 for a pack of 3 large ones at wal mart a few years ago. I just bought a Kuryakyn Grand Traveler bag, but haven't used it yet. It lays flat on the luggage rack so it doesn't make you too top heavy once its loaded & on the bike.

Lil Chief,

Reactions: MNglideguy

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra. Starting to do some customization, and installed a new Corbin seat along with passenger backrest. Anyway, I was thinking that for longer trips, I might need extra luggage if the wife is along, since all of "the stuff" may not fit in the tour pack and saddle bags. I know Harley has their luggage that you can attach to the rack on top of the tour pack, but it still is pretty small, plus in my opinion, kinda expensive with the HD logo that comes with it. Kuryakn has some luggage for the rack, just curious if there are any other suggestions out there that others have used. Thanks.
You can find a brand new one on Ebay for about half price.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
For two up touring I have the T-Bags Decker II that is a good bag with built in rain cover. Fits nice on the tour pak rack. You can find them on ebay and amazon for around $200 new. I bought mine used in great condition from a forum member $100 if I remember correctly.

For touring solo I have the Saddleman BR4100 which sits on the seat behind the rider. Has a lot of storage space and gives a lower center of gravity because it's not siting on top the tour pak. The only down side to this bag is no rain cover but I made my own for it. Great bag for solo touring!! About $160 new on amazon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The wife and I do a fair amount of 2-3 week road trips and we found the easiest way to go is to use the saddlebag/tour-pak liners. We each get a saddlebag and we share the tour-pak liner and the tour-pak itself is reserved for the generic, day to day stuff we need through out the trip. I use a motorcycle cargo net to secure the tour-pak linner to the luggage rack and I picked up a waterproof sleeping bag bag to put the large tour-pak liner in. This makes daily loading and unloading of the bike a piece of cake, and when not in use there's no need to store another piece of bulky luggage.

·
Registered
830 Posts
This is what I bought for my wife.

T-Bags - custom motorcycle luggage Dresser Roller Bag from TBags for Motorcycles

I bought it on sale for almost half price. Having wheels makes it great. The wife always wants to get in and get cleaned up when we get somewhere. So I take the bag off the rack, extend the handle and she pulls it into the hotel while I am checking the bike.... Makes my life much simpler.

Also because it specifically designed to to fit on a tour pack rack it latches into place very tightly and I have never had an issue with its mounting in 5000 plus miles of riding with it. The wife uses it as head rest too!

Attachments

Reactions: MNglideguy

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is what I bought for my wife.

T-Bags - custom motorcycle luggage Dresser Roller Bag from TBags for Motorcycles

I bought it on sale for almost half price. Having wheels makes it great. The wife always wants to get in and get cleaned up when we get somewhere. So I take the bag off the rack, extend the handle and she pulls it into the hotel while I am checking the bike.... Makes my life much simpler.

Also because it specifically designed to to fit on a tour pack rack it latches into place very tightly and I have never had an issue with its mounting in 5000 plus miles of riding with it. The wife uses it as head rest too!
Got my wife one of these too. works well, you have to watch they way she loads it as you can wind up very top heavy, ask me how I know.
This bag holds massive amounts of the wife's unnecessary got to have stuff....lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts