Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
i have the black Air Wing rack with smoked LED light kit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am sorry if i might be highjacking this thread asking this. I am thinking about going on a nice two week ride if i am able to sell my store and actually able to take a vacation for once. I am thinking about buying a rack for the top of my tour pack so i can have more places to carry things.

JimmyRay with your black rack did you install it or have the stealership do it? If you did how hard was it to get it centered and straight?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I am sorry if i might be highjacking this thread asking this. I am thinking about going on a nice two week ride if i am able to sell my store and actually able to take a vacation for once. I am thinking about buying a rack for the top of my tour pack so i can have more places to carry things.

JimmyRay with your black rack did you install it or have the stealership do it? If you did how hard was it to get it centered and straight?
I installed the Premium HD Tour Pak Rack last night. It comes with easy to follow instructions as well as a template that gets taped to the Tour Pak to ensure you get it centered properly. I found it was easier having a second set of hands to help keep the template in place when applying the tape.

Make sure to have the right drill bits available (1/16" & 9/32") and don't be tempted to use an 8/32" in place of the 9/32" as the larger 9/32" bit makes it easier to get the bolts lined up with your holes to be drilled and the threads in the rack.

Here is a pic of the finished product as well as the template. Just take your time and make numerous measurements with a tape measure before drilling to be sure its where you want it and all will be good.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey is the Black Air Wing still avl.?

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Jokercraze has one for sale. It's the smaller one though. It looked like it was in great shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts