Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Custom Dynamics luggage rack light on my 2021 Road Glide. When the ignition switch is on everything works as it should. Now the strange part, well to me. While the ignition is in accessory mode the luggage rack light is on. It isn't a problem just has me wondering how it is the only light on when the harness jumps into the stock plug for the back lights. I guess the question is how is this the only light on? See pictures below.
20210503_182646.jpg

20210503_183444.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So one of the wires in the harness is accessory only? That makes sense, I'll look at the wiring diagram again. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
In ACC mode on my Limited, the side tour pack lights along with the H-D shield in the headlight is on. The taillight isn't on. So if you are tied into the stock wiring circuit, that could be why the rack light is on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
In ACC mode on my Limited, the side tour pack lights along with the H-D shield in the headlight is on. The taillight isn't on. So if you are tied into the stock wiring circuit, that could be why the rack light is on.
Same on my Ultra. I'd say it's "normal"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea like I said, it isn't a problem. I just thought if one light was on coming from the same harness the others would be getting the same signal. Thanks for the quick responses!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think someone from Custom Dynamics could explain this very well.

On my 2020....in ACC mode...the CD luggage rack light and the H-D emblem illumination in the headlights are both on. Nothing else.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
For me, as long as it turns off when the key is off; your golden. And can sleep at night of course...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think someone from Custom Dynamics could explain this very well.

On my 2020....in ACC mode...the CD luggage rack light and the H-D emblem illumination in the headlights are both on. Nothing else.
Same here!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me, as long as it turns off when the key is off; your golden. And can sleep at night of course...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yes everything goes off when the ignition is off!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That light looks awesome. It must be me, but I am having trouble finding that light at the Custom Dynamics web site. Is it the light designed for the Tour Pack Luggage Rack or is it a different light. Can you provide the CD part number please.
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That light looks awesome. It must be me, but I am having trouble finding that light at the Custom Dynamics web site. Is it the light designed for the Tour Pack Luggage Rack or is it a different light. Can you provide the CD part number please.
Thanks in Advance
Below is the link, make sure in the description it says detachables 2 up luggage rack, I ordered the wrong one the 1st time. The one for the tour pak is too long. I'm not sure if you need the smoked or red lens, just select that from the drop down box. This is an awesome company to deal with, I bought several things from them! Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Below is the link, make sure in the description it says detachables 2 up luggage rack, I ordered the wrong one the 1st time. The one for the tour pak is too long. I'm not sure if you need the smoked or red lens, just select that from the drop down box. This is an awesome company to deal with, I bought several things from them! Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.. I'm ordering it now... Appreciate it...Ride Safe

·
Registered
21 Posts

Thanks for the link.
I installed the light yesterday and when I have it in ACC mode, the light does NOT come on.
It's only on in IGN mode and when I hit the brakes.
I have a 2017 RGS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the link.
I installed the light yesterday and when I have it in ACC mode, the light does NOT come on.
It's only on in IGN mode and when I hit the brakes.
I have a 2017 RGS.
Yea I don't understand it, there is only one way to hook it up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts