Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this place is chock full of old heads that are just 'If it ain't Merle or Hank Sr...it ain't shit" and I got respect for that....some of the "New Country" make me want to Van Gough both sides of my own damn noggin - Luke Combs to me was the "Beer Drinkin Good Time Music" that never got outta its lane - Then he kind of grew up a bit and released this tune that for some odd reason, I just love...I'm a sucker for a tune with a good story to it....and I hear his next Album "Does not have 1 song about Beer on it" - Excited to see where he goes...Stapleton got better with Age IMHO (Yes I know, The Jompson Brothers Rocked and he has mellowed since...but his song writing has improved 100%) and would love to see it happen to this kid......love when the Geetar just screams in this one.....goose bumps for me

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Yip. I listen to everything beside classical lol. He is definitely in his prime right now

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thedude's special lady friend was watching a country music awards show a couple years ago. I got home from work and she tells me how this young guy won an award and the crowd started booing. She said it was terrible because he was better than anyone else on the show. She fires up the DVR to show me and I tell her they are not booing they are saying his name. If she was smarter I doubt she would have married me.

There is some great new country music out there. Most of it doesn't make the radio or awards shows. ****** Morgan, Kendal Marvel, Cody Jinks and Gethan Jenkins to name a few. Jason Isbell is one of my all time favorite song writers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Big fan of singer/songwriters. Not the guys who change one word and get credit as writer when they perform, but the guys/gals who write their own shit.. It comes across better as it is personal to them. Everyone has been telling their stories about smokin' with Willie. Gotta search Luke's story.... I was giggling my ass off.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I know this place is chock full of old heads that are just 'If it ain't Merle or Hank Sr...it ain't shit" and I got respect for that....some of the "New Country" make me want to Van Gough both sides of my own damn noggin - Luke Combs to me was the "Beer Drinkin Good Time Music" that never got outta its lane - Then he kind of grew up a bit and released this tune that for some odd reason, I just love...I'm a sucker for a tune with a good story to it....and I hear his next Album "Does not have 1 song about Beer on it" - Excited to see where he goes...Stapleton got better with Age IMHO (Yes I know, The Jompson Brothers Rocked and he has mellowed since...but his song writing has improved 100%) and would love to see it happen to this kid......love when the Geetar just screams in this one.....goose bumps for me

He and Billy Strings are fast buds....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tyler Childers
Sturgill Simpson
Cody Jinks
Colter Wall
Lincoln Durham
The Steeldrivers
The Dead South
Guy Clark

Just to name a few

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wife & I love Luke Combs. We went to see him Dec-2019 with Brothers Osbourne and Eric Church.....Church was the headliner.

Well Luke had the largest fan base by far. Our favorite outa the bunch as well. Crazy! Dude writes most (all?) of his own music too. Double crazy!! Much respect!

Love me some Jamey Johnson but Combs is way up there with Jamey. Good taste, brother!

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,292 Posts
So I dig his music too. He was a guest on Meateater, I show I really like for my other passion, hunting. At the end he sings "this one's for you". I know it's a show, and that they could have done multiple takes, but just him and an acoustic guitar it feels real. Like he's thinking about what it means and the people and events in his life that inspired the song.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts