Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Lyndall Brake Pads on my 2013 Road Glide since they had such good reviews. I normally get 35,000 to 40,000 out of a set of OEM pads. 90% of my riding is cross country and I use my brakes sparingly by mostly gearing down to slow.

I just had to replace the Lyndall pads at 16,000 miles. The rear was completely gone and the fronts were close to gone. No more Lyndall pads for me. Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone here is thinking about Lyndall pads.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Those pads get great reviews. I'm sure someone will chime in soon. I used the D2Moto pads this time around and so far so good. Even if they don't last long I only paid $40 for all 3 sets delivered

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I put Lyndall Brake Pads on my 2013 Road Glide since they had such good reviews. I normally get 35,000 to 40,000 out of a set of OEM pads. 90% of my riding is cross country and I use my brakes sparingly by mostly gearing down to slow.

I just had to replace the Lyndall pads at 16,000 miles. The rear was completely gone and the fronts were close to gone. No more Lyndall pads for me. Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone here is thinking about Lyndall pads.
This is normal wear for the Lyndall pads. There web site says there service life is 18k average. I use them because there not as hard on the rotors, less dust and no noise. I have 12k on my rear and still looking good fronts still oem as I don't hardly use the front brakes just the rear and the tranny.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
8,834 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Let me know how Lyndalls warranty works out from my personal and from what I read on this internet their customer service SUCKS. Good luck!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Let me know how Lyndalls warranty works out from my personal and from what I read on this internet their customer service SUCKS. Good luck!!
+1 From a Lyndall owner........

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've got about 5K on the lyndall pads and rotor's that I put on when swapping out the front and rear rim for nice larger chrome wheels. Only did lyndall pads in the front that virtually emit no brake dust, skipped out on the rear but think I might buy a lyndall rotor and pad for the rear to just keep it cleaner, it's crazy comparing the front and rear after a few hundred mile ride and seeing the rear chrome rim look like it's powder coated black and the front is still spotless!!! I use both brakes together, mainly heavier on the front I'd say, the shorter wear life doesn't bother me, helps keep the bike's wheels looking cleaner longer!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Yes, they wear out faster than stock Harley Pads. But they also stop a lot better than stock pads. Which is more important? You are a brake pad, your job is to stop the bike, safely, not last forever.

They are more expensive, they do not last as long, but the increase in stopping power is more than worth it. I use Lyndall Gold with stock rotors.

Also, since I am not a clean freak, it is nice to be able to see just the dirt on the wheels instead of brake dust :rolleyes:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I used the Lyndall gold pads on my Fatboy I used to have. Much better stopping power than the stock pads. With only one rotor on the front I was more interested in better stopping than long wear. Kind of like tires, the softer they are the better grip they have; but they wear sooner.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Id like to see how your lifetime supply of pads goes. I bought their ceramic rotors with lifetime warranty and gold pads. The rear rotor carrier has 3/8" of movement on the buttons, I talked to Paul at Lyndall last year he said send the rotor back and he will warranty it. So when I tried to contact anyone there to set up my return so I wont be waiting forever to get my rotor back, they have not answered the phone or answered their emails. I gave up after trying ALL of last winter to get a hold of them before I gave up.
BTW I bought a 2012 CVORG that's bone stock and those brakes blow away the ceramic/gold pads and real brembo calipers. What a waste of $1900. Live and learn

·
Registered
972 Posts
Id like to see how your lifetime supply of pads goes. I bought their ceramic rotors with lifetime warranty and gold pads. The rear rotor carrier has 3/8" of movement on the buttons, I talked to Paul at Lyndall last year he said send the rotor back and he will warranty it. So when I tried to contact anyone there to set up my return so I wont be waiting forever to get my rotor back, they have not answered the phone or answered their emails. I gave up after trying ALL of last winter to get a hold of them before I gave up.
BTW I bought a 2012 CVORG that's bone stock and those brakes blow away the ceramic/gold pads and real brembo calipers. What a waste of $1900. Live and learn

Yeah I totally agree

THEY SUCK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts