Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well it has been decided that the Meet & Greet will be 20-23 July. Now we need to decide where we want to have it at. It sounds like a lot of people were liking the idea of having it around the Spokane area. Since I have only been riding up in that area once I would like to go explore more.

So lets talk about where we want to have this at and firm up the details so we all can make reservations and plans.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
July 20-23, 2012. :(

Hope everyone has a great time, unfortunately that is the one weekend that will not work for me. I will be on my way back from SW II. I have committed to that week and can't really change now. I was hoping that later in August would be the favourite dates.

I suggested Spokane because it was an easy area for me to get to from Calgary in about 7 hours travel time. I feel like a heel now that I won't be able to go!

I really hope that this PNW M&G becomes an annual or semi-annual thing because I cannot go to SW every year especially if it moves to the Gulf Coast or SoCal. I am pretty sure I could make the NW thing especially if there are some interior BC, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Montana locations in the years to come.

Jeff, PM me, i will arrange for delivery of your Canadian "Coffee Crisp" candy bar fix. Nickel, PM me, I am still looking into the snitzel supply, not sure how to get that Fedexed to you fresh. Was looking forward to some Salsa sampling, I am a wuss when it comes to heat eh.

Someone please take tons of pictures and post them up here.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I have only riden throught Spokane on my way to other places, so exploration is a cool thing to do on the bike. Right now it looks like it's a go for me. I will doing the same as others, it will take me about 7 hours to get over there on Friday, then will probably have to cut out Sunday morning, but that may change as well. Sorry to be so iffy, but that's the best I can do right now.

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For all the guys coming over from the Westside let me know when and maybe we can hook up and ride together. I live just off exit 93 on I-90 so it will be real easy to meet up and go from here. Be kinda fun to have a group of RG's rolling down the road together.

W

·
0 Posts
July 20-23, 2012. :(

Hope everyone has a great time, unfortunately that is the one weekend that will not work for me. I will be on my way back from SW II. I have committed to that week and can't really change now. I was hoping that later in August would be the favourite dates.

I suggested Spokane because it was an easy area for me to get to from Calgary in about 7 hours travel time. I feel like a heel now that I won't be able to go!

I really hope that this PNW M&G becomes an annual or semi-annual thing because I cannot go to SW every year especially if it moves to the Gulf Coast or SoCal. I am pretty sure I could make the NW thing especially if there are some interior BC, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Montana locations in the years to come.

Jeff, PM me, i will arrange for delivery of your Canadian "Coffee Crisp" candy bar fix. Nickel, PM me, I am still looking into the snitzel supply, not sure how to get that Fedexed to you fresh. Was looking forward to some Salsa sampling, I am a wuss when it comes to heat eh.

Someone please take tons of pictures and post them up here.
Don't worry about the Snitzel, I'll just ride up and have a hot plate full. Haven't been to Alberta for about 5 years now so I guess I need a trip up north. I always travel with Salsa so sampling is not an issue. I'm usually packing heat but have been known to tone it down a bit.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sounds good to me. Just a suggestion for part of the ride, Lolo pass on HWY 12 is pretty close to Spokane and could be a good ride into Missoula.

Rowdy, since you're just across the bridge from me, maybe we cuold head out to Spokane together. Just let me know. We can meet up prior to the ride some time if you like also. I occasionally ride out your way to take the round about way to Shelton and back to Olympia.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Hey Nickel,

This place would be ideal for your Schnitzel fix and it is only a couple hours north of the border in beautiful BC about 3-4 hours from Calgary. There are literally thousands of Calgarians that have "cabins" over in that part of the Rockies.

www.blackforestrestaurant.com

Have fun ya'll eh!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok can we get a head count of how many people are coming and how many hotel rooms we will need. There is someone in Spokane who is going to try to find a a hotel and give us a break on the rates.

So give us a head count so we have something to give the hotel.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I am definately a go for this adventure. Right now the misses plans on coming also. Even if she backs out, I will be there. If we plan on going across the border please let me know so I can get my enhanced DL or a passport.

W

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing this weekend. In January I was invited to be part of a MC run in Washington and Oregon to benefit Breast Cancer Research. I'm already comitted to the main part of this run in July and this weekend (20 thru 23) is a continuation of that run. The Conga V benefit run is put on by Women Who Ride (WWR) and some of their husbands, boyfriends, etc. are also involved. This is a subject that is very close to me and I'm also part of the entertainment in the first segment of the run.

I think I'll have to wait and see what develops with my involvement in the PNW portion of the benefit. It is their first attempt at being a part of the Conga for the folks in the PNW that can't make it to the main ride and gathering. I'll keep you posted as things develop.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Sounds good to me. Just a suggestion for part of the ride, Lolo pass on HWY 12 is pretty close to Spokane and could be a good ride into Missoula.

Rowdy, since you're just across the bridge from me, maybe we cuold head out to Spokane together. Just let me know. We can meet up prior to the ride some time if you like also. I occasionally ride out your way to take the round about way to Shelton and back to Olympia.
+1 Premo, I will PM my number to ya. I am sure we could meet up before then. Like you I wonder over the bridge now and again.

Connector mentioned meeting up at Renton HD and riding over as a school of sharks, but he also mentioned meeting up in the afternoon. My response was if it was early afternoon it might work.

Rowdy

Anyway, we have some time to work out those kind of details.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
For all the guys coming over from the Westside let me know when and maybe we can hook up and ride together. I live just off exit 93 on I-90 so it will be real easy to meet up and go from here. Be kinda fun to have a group of RG's rolling down the road together.
Wildman, I am going to try to kill two birds with one stone.

Not a problem lettin ya know when I/we will be coming over from the west side. It looks like there might be a couple or possibly a few hooking up for the ride over on this side.

The second thing was to let ya know a head count. I'm in at this point... I am not sure if I am going to be riding solo or two up, but that's probably going to be up in the air till the last minute.

Rowdy

·
Registered
363 Posts
Agree Lolo a nice run but keep in mind this would be a 500+ mi RT run from/to Spokane much of which is relatively low speed riding. This would be at least 10-12 hours in the saddle not including stops/lunch etc including 200mi return on I-90. Just saying.
Also temps in E Wa during mid July can easily be in the low to mid 90's especially down in southern Wa and central Idaho and really zap you.
Any feedback from group on time/distance on Sat/Sun day trips?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
+1 Premo, I will PM my number to ya. I am sure we could meet up before then. Like you I wonder over the bridge now and again.

Connector mentioned meeting up at Renton HD and riding over as a school of sharks, but he also mentioned meeting up in the afternoon. My response was if it was early afternoon it might work.

Rowdy

Anyway, we have some time to work out those kind of details.
I was thinking along the same time lines 11 or 12 just enough to run down from the Border and miss Seattle rush going in to the city. There is a few up here maybe 5 or so riders hopefully they see this

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I was thinking along the same time lines 11 or 12 just enough to run down from the Border and miss Seattle rush going in to the city. There is a few up here maybe 5 or so riders hopefully they see this
That sounds like a good timeline Connector.

Rowdy

·
Registered
983 Posts
L-Premo,

The passport is more money but it's good for 10 years. The WA enhanced license can only be used for crossing the Canadian border at a motor vehicle crossing - nothing else. Plus, it's got an RFID chip in so you have to keep it in a shielded sleeve to protect it from stray 'card readers'.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The July dates look real good for me. Count me in.

I don't know anyone on this forum, so I'm looking forward to doing just that. I may be able to talk a buddy into coming along on his RG. If anyone from the North Sound area is heading over, I'd be interested in riding together. I was thinking I'd ride Hiway 2 all the way to Spokane.

I may be able to come up with info on good rides in the Spokane area too.

- Bruce

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Braymond52,

Didn't know about the RFID chip in the enhanced license. Had already figured I'd get the passport. The info you gave me just confirmed it. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts