Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a clickety-clickety noise when riding? It's been there since I bought it ... almost like a sewing machine noise. It's just kind of annoying at times. Dealer says nothing is wrong but if my metric bikes made the noise, I would have been worried.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Anyone else have a clickety-clickety noise when riding? It's been there since I bought it ... almost like a sewing machine noise. It's just kind of annoying at times. Dealer says nothing is wrong but if my metric bikes made the noise, I would have been worried.
Valve train. Ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
If you're new to hd ,it's probably the valve train. Compared to the twin cam , the M8 is quiet. Maybe go to the dealer and ride a demo to see if it has the same noise.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 18 Road Glide Special,Mines Very Quiet,No Eng. Noise at all,With these new Heads very little noise,So much Quieter than my 103 Twin Cam,A whole different engine,I put Rinehart SlimLine Duals sounds Good especially behind it but not Loud like my 103 Due to so much less Eng. Noise.Its the 4 valve Heads With Dual Plugs lot less noise,You should not be hearing that Racket take it to your dealer have it looked at.I put a 14 in. Klock Werx Sport Tour Windshield,That cut the Wind down Big Time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had an annoying noise on my RG that only happened when riding two up.
Noise is gone now!

·
Registered
177 Posts
A BMW is a metric. If you could hear the noises coming out of my 1200 Boxer at 6500rpm, you wouldn't worry about a little clicking coming out of your 107. I find that ear plugs help with the strange sounds coming out of my RG. You paid for that warranty. If it helps you feel better, take it in and let a tech give her a spin.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I just traded up to an M8 from a 103HO and noticed after it gets hot it does that. Yes, it's annoying, but I assume it's because there's twice as many valves lol

New Bike = New Noises

1 - 12 of 12 Posts